bump stop scraping?

The best way to do this is with the front diff hanging place 2 jackstands under frame behind the diff this will allow you to see the slightest play in the diff and whats causing it always best to have afreind around to help wiggle things around while the others looking for the problem spots
Check all your bushings uppers and lowers worn bushings will cause this inspect each and everyone carefully Look for oblong wear in any and all bushings worn bolts ect also check that the coils are seated correctly

Another thing I see after studying the pict again the coil is seated incorrectly see how the coils binding

Attachments

• IMG_6250.jpg
    IMG_6250.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
the coil end should sit like the red mark indicates in pict and coil to the rear

Attachments

• IMG_6250.jpg
    IMG_6250.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 241

I think it's seated correctly.. I've also noticed that the sway bar is further to the driver side then the passenger side...

Attachments

• IMG_6437.JPG
    IMG_6437.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6438.JPG
    IMG_6438.JPG
    847 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6439.JPG
    IMG_6439.JPG
    926.5 KB · Views: 54
it doesnt seem like it was that far out of spec. when i did my lift i didnt seem to have this problem. the specs in the instructions called for me to adjust the LCA's to 16.5'' center to center and everything went in smoothly. seemed to line up well and track down the road straight. does it drive well? and its going to take a 100 miles or so b4 the springs settle. Also read over the instructions again on that adjustable track bar, that could have thrown the axle to one side if its too long or not long enough. Hope u figure this out Jesse. good luck

This is what mine looks like (drivers side ) oops forgot to flip that pic

Attachments

• 0407001846.jpg
    0407001846.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 56

It drives fine, I have no problems, I just don't want to keep damaging the spring & bump stop... It also squeaks as they rub. But other than that, it tracks straight and i have no problem controlling it even in somewhat windy conditions.

The swaybar is easily pushed side to side within the bushings, simply pry a little with a prybar between the endling and frame.

Back