Can anyone tell me what this is?

GennyBro is right , haven't posted here in the longest. Dragon5126 , please don't leave , we enjoy your posts and your knowledge . I know I do .

Awww man he aint gonna leave, cause he knows this is a good site and he'll be part of the link. What's that Fleetwood Mac Song " Don't break the chain , Oh yeah Stevie Knicks, love that gal.

Oh shit! I need to shut up and go to bed. That's all Folks lol lol lol

Hell, now I'm paronoide that bounty hunter is gonna hunt me down for info I dont have , it was all bvull shit. Fueling up jeep now, catch me if you can.

I dint wanna leave I just wanna disconnect this thread! I see something from Jeepz .com in my email and think awesome and then its just a dumb response to this one, its kinda like sex without an orgasm... And thanks for your Encouragement Greg.

And well I'm here, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone! (and for those that offends... see the enclosed Photo of my over flow rack... the ones that DONT fit in the 4 safes...)

Attachments

• OverflowRack.jpg
    OverflowRack.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 25
Decent Jeepers are like best friends, no matter how long its been, you catch and keep rollin' on!
And there be decent Jeepers here!

Awwww , now you gone and done it , you got me all misty eyed . I really do appreciate your input and diagnostic assistance but what really got me misty is your M1 Garand hanging up there . Don't want to get into a whole story why mine is in someone else's hands ( used to hunt with the guy ) . But that was my favorite rifle . They used to fault me for carrying such a heavy weapon into the woods deer season but I took no prisoners with it . One shot , one kill . It was an international harvester and I still know the serial # by heart. Kept it on 300 yard zero where it always hit center mass . Only came back six clicks ( if I remember right ) for 1-150 yard shots. Well , I'll save that story for another day , right now we got jeeps to get ready for old man winter ( if it ever gets here). Hey , your welcome to check out the pin ups of my newly acquired cj5 if you didn't already have done so. Thanks brother , keep post in' keep'em Rollin' !

That Garand has a Sad history of its own. My "Ole Man" Was an Armorer in WWII. right out of high school I did a full apprenticeship as a gunsmith... When Dad was in Australia in the AAC, he built a Garand out of condemned parts. and had the paperwork from the CO identifying it as his personal property... The rafters in the barracks were boxed rather than solid wood since shipping the heavier solid beams was an issue due to weight vs amount of wood. He had a top bunk, so he pried the top off the rafter next to his bunk, and stored his Garand in the open space of the rafter. When his discharge came through, in the excitement he forgot the rifle when he packed up and shipped out. He and I were supposed to build a Garand together, but he suffered a small stroke, and was in the local VA hospital for rehab, when he had a massive coronary and passed before we had a chance to build the rifle. So I built it alone. I have two more bayos I need to cut down, one to the mil spec 10 inch And one to a fighting knife configuration, like Dad used to have but was stolen. When I was in high school Dad and I didn't get along, but the common interest in WWII firearms brought us back together, and forged a very tight bond between us. But never finding time to build the rifle together really tore me apart. He taught me to spn a wrench from as long as I can remember. When I turned 13 he picked up a 59 (my birth year) fairlane that had been sitting in a shed and was pretty messed up. He and I did a complete restore on it including engine rebuild including bore and rings new valve guides full valve job EVERYTHING except the auto transmission that he paid to have done, explaining that autos are best left to pros, due to the fact that they are too easy to screw up. he taught me upholstery and even how to do lead work instead of bondo on that car. Right after we finished it, my brother and his wife and baby came home on leave from Leavenworth where he was teaching life time inmates carpentry in the DB. on the way home the engine blew in their Pinto. They went home in the Fairlane. So the Garand was supposed to be a thank you in kind. When he passed, I had to continue as a memorial to him. And specifically for this pic

Attachments

• DadsPic.JPG
    DadsPic.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
I am without words . You both have my full respect. I will never again look at a U.S. Rifle Cal. .30 M1 as only a rifle . Let it be known that " The greatest battle implement ever devised " was carried by great men like your dad . Lest we forget . God bless America and the men who secured our freedom.

Your welcome brother. I understand the father and son relationship thing in terms of good or not . I kind of go through that with my dad and I need to appreciate that he's still here . All my friends dads aren't and need to be a better son. Just because I work on his jeep ( he's almost 80 and don't want him doing it anymore) dosen't mean I can get his blood pressure up. Besides , it was he ( and my younger brother ) who helped with the road trips and towing to get my 1980 CJ5 . I must try to be better . I consider this a wake up call . It is I who thanks you .

Your welcome brother. I understand the father and son relationship thing in terms of good or not . I kind of go through that with my dad and I need to appreciate that he's still here . All my friends dads aren't and need to be a better son. Just because I work on his jeep ( he's almost 80 and don't want him doing it anymore) dosen't mean I can get his blood pressure up. Besides , it was he ( and my younger brother ) who helped with the road trips and towing to get my 1980 CJ5 . I must try to be better . I consider this a wake up call . It is I who thanks you .

Dad Passed 25 years ago. Christmas was HIS holiday, and when I, we, lost him I lost my desire and love of Christmas. This is the first year since then Ive felt different. My youngest Started college this year. at an out of state University, her Boyfriend and I went ad picked her up and brought her home For the holiday break. Having the family together again, makes me realize how much I am becoming my dad. Your last message gave me one hell of a lump in my throat. Ive always stated experience not shared is knowledge wasted. Thank you for confirming that belief, and adding value to my experiences. I just hope others are getting something from this as well. We are living in a country that is tearing apart, if we bring family back together, its the first step in bringing us al together.

I consider this a wake up call for myself as well. Realizing your dad has passed , as has most of my friends dads , has made me realize I need to listen to him more and respect his words . They'll come a day that I will no longer have him and will have wished I was a better son. He considers me a good son but I don't see myself as one when I get him upset. Maybe I just want to be seen as an adult since I'll be 53 in February but I will always be his son . I must therefore realize I'm still to respect and take my orders from him. Now if I can only relay this message to one or two of my other brothers , that will be helpful as well. I believe they care , but can do better. Respecting how you've reared your daughter ( and any children you may have) , it is clear that , yes , you've become your dad . Since you've grown and gained education to his approval and your daughter to yours , I'd have to say your dad has done a great job in rearing you all ! Great job dad ! I know he would have wanted it this way . Hey , I think this talk has woke up a part of me and helped me to mature a bit . Want to thank you especially for these special words at this time . A very special holiday season to you and your family . Thank you for all . Greg .
P.S. - your 100% correct regarding the trouble in this country . Family value has been raped and pillaged by rap music and video games . Sounds a little like our generation ? Lol .

Back