Can you add "stock" switches in the cab

PahlM

I have a 98 TJ Sport that only uses the rear wiper switch on that switch pannel in the cab. My local Jeep store was useless when I asked this, but I'm wondering if anyone has added say a fog light swtich to that pannel if it didn't come stock on the Jeep?

I tried to search but came up with nothing. If the switches can be added, anyone know if the wire loom has the wires in it for fog lights or do I need to run my own wires?

Thanks!

You can buy the factory switches and install them. But I must warn you now DC is VERY proud of there switches. Last time I checked like 15 to 27$ proud. You can get lit or un-lit toggle switches from most auto parts stores that will fit into place for 2-4$ dollar range. As to tracking down the wires inside the cab, your better off running your own since your jeep wasn't wired nor set up with the appropriate relay to run the fog lights.

Also look for switches on eBay. I just got a headlight switch for my YJ. I paid $13.50 with free shipping and no tax. The same switch was about $45.00 at the dealer...... I can only take rip off so much.

How about this ($19 including shipping):

45435.jpg

items in on board air usa store on eBay!

Looks like Rayban to me...... If you go that far, don't forget the suntan lotion...LOL sorry Terry, the previous post made me do it...LOL:shades::shades::shades:

Ebay won this battle for me. The dealer near me is so useless I can't even tell you. They can't find a damn light bulb and told me I had to buy a new pannel if I wanted the swtich (which you all have said is wrong).

So I bought two on ebay today. One for my HIDs and the other for whatever needs power next! It says they are both 15amp switches so I will add a circuit breaker and and be done. I skip relays when I can, I've had too many break on me in the desert....even the expensive ones.

Congrats on finding what you need. But I have to say relays are what you want if you are running any current above 5 A. Especially is you are running lights. Long lead lengths and the resistance of the switches drop voltage at teh lights and they will be dimmer. Plus the possibilities of fires from overloaded circuits. Keep in mimd 2 100W lights will run 16-17A.

Good luck! lots of pics!

I 100% agree relays are a great tool and most people should use them especially for lights.

However a 30" runs of wire for even 30amps is negligable if you use quality switches and wire. I do run large enough switches, wire, and anything else that might be in line when I dont use a relay. My entire race car had a grand total of ZERO relays and I never had one issue with electrical (I also did it all myself). Desert racing kills the rediculously small components of a relay really fast :( I'm trying to re-train my brain to think slow rock jeep but it's hard.

Not to mention I run HIDs only. Other than start up, 35W HIDs only pull 3amps each, so a pair of them is less than 6amps.

Back