CD Changer Location

TJ_Jeep

Well i just figured out that my pioneer radio can work a 10 disc cd changer so im going to get one but were you would y'all suggest i put it in the safest place in a TJ?

Get a Metal locking center console and secure it in there. the bad part is, you loose storage space.

Yeah i thought about the console but then i looked at the glove box being that it has a lock and everything

Leave it at home and get a MP3 player.... less space and more songs available. Just my thinking on this.

ha tryed the MP3 player route ran off the road trying to find a song lol this cd changer plays mp3 and wma so i just load a cd up with some good songs

CDs? Who uses those anymore? You can get unit for about $30 that hooks an ipod up to your pioneer. It connects through the CD changer plug and shows album/track/etc info on the player screen. I went that route and don't know why I'd want CDs anymore.

CDs? Who uses those anymore? You can get unit for about $30 that hooks an ipod up to your pioneer. It connects through the CD changer plug and shows album/track/etc info on the player screen. I went that route and don't know why I'd want CDs anymore.

is it fast changing songs and how do you scroll trough songs

On a long trip, I have 5000+ songs on my laptop.... plus 300 videos (but not when driving)I still have 50 gigs left need more music to load. I make up a nice play list and let it run. I am going to rip out my 10 cd changer myself. Never use the stupid thing anyway. (plus I have the Sat radio too.) Now I just need better speakers in the doors and a bit more power for the main speakers so I can crank up the sub a bit more. Nice going down the road in the Mini van thumping to classic rock, or country, or NASCAR (when it comes back)

Attachments

• crutchfield.jpg
    crutchfield.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,239

This is the unit I have. I'd say its as fast to skip forward through songs as using the ipod itself. From what I understand, how info is displayed on the screen depends on the model/age of your unit. If you have a new pioneer, it should work pretty well. Mine isn't too new and the song title scrolls slowly across.

JVC Apple iPod Adapter For JVC iPod-Ready In-Dash Decks KS-PD100 - KSPD100 - Buy.com

yeah i looked it the adapter and its only 30 dollars alot diff. from 160 for the cd changer so i probably go that route since MP3 Players are "in" and this is the pioneer i have

Attachments

• 29843.jpg
    29843.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,609
Well i broke down and bought the iPod adapter and i have to say it works better than i expected, my iPod being 2 years old does not stay charged long so i just load the songs up and put it in the glove box. 8)

You can buy a car charger for your i-pod. I keep my iphone on the car charger when i play the music i have loaded in it so that when i unplug the phone, it's still got a full charge.

You can buy a car charger for your i-pod. I keep my iphone on the car charger when i play the music i have loaded in it so that when i unplug the phone, it's still got a full charge.

Thats the cool thing about it, it charges it too! ha

I have a 6 disc DIN Pioneer premier in the glove box of my YJ. I am willing to sell it if interested. you could get a tuffy console and mount it in there.

I have a 6 disc DIN Pioneer premier in the glove box of my YJ. I am willing to sell it if interested. you could get a tuffy console and mount it in there.

These guys convinced me that mp3 players were "cool" so, i bought the iPod adapter and i hardly ever use cds anymore, thanks though.

Flash drives are what I'm hooked on. Very little to break, no vibration problems.

My 169.00 Pioneer came with a remote USB cable and connection in the back. I just routed it through the dash by the coin tray and can change them out easily. But you must pay attention to how you organize your music into folders and how you label your songs if you want easy access to them.

Flash drives are what I'm hooked on. Very little to break, no vibration problems.

My 169.00 Pioneer came with a remote USB cable and connection in the back. I just routed it through the dash by the coin tray and can change them out easily. But you must pay attention to how you organize your music into folders and how you label your songs if you want easy access to them.
Well i bought this radio and it does everything nav., dvd, tv(well not for long unless i get a converter box), ipod and its got this little thing that screws to the bottom of my dash were you can plug an ipod or mp3 player or even a playstation (i have one in there right now haha)

Attachments

• vm9312hd.jpg
    vm9312hd.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,325
Last edited:
Do they have head units that doesn't have a CD palyer and you can get all the other "cool" stuff now days i.e. blutooth, ipod, multi media, etc. ?

Back