Death wobble?

Richieboy

Not sure today little shimmy at 40 mph I know I need to do the front end on my 92yj it's on 3" lift on shackle lift also springs are bent like some used floor jacks to pick it up all springs are flat
Will do the rite lift but it's my d/d so I have to wait also getting the head done
So one thing after another what lift kit should I get would like to run 33"s. What to do 1st. Thanks

A shimmy at a given speed is not death wobble, and YJ's rarely get deat wobble, it's more akin to coil spring front ends.

Look at a 4" spring kit to clear 33" tires, Rough Country and Rusty's Offroad have decent kits for a limited budget.

I've experienced the same shimmy in my dump truck a while back and it turned out to be bad ball joints / king pin bushings. I originally thought it was the springs and shackles, but it wasn't!!! Check your ball joints especially on lifted vehicles. My dump truck has the heavy duty off road package offered for 1980 and It's 4"s higher than a standard 1&1/4 ton truck, and that was a common issue when the ball joints / king pins started to wear out was a shimmy around 40-50 mph. I know mine isn't a Jeep, but it may be worth looking into.

Back