dual steering stabilizers for tj

Sounds good. You can measure there, but I usually put the angle finder across the upper balljoint.

I would check the condition of the bushings in the upper control arms. Inspect them with a screwdriver and flashlight looking for any cracks in the rubber. Using the stock upper arms with that lift may be more than what the used bushings can handle, contributing to the DW problem.

Checked out the bushing and they looked good. Stock uppers aren't that tuff and the bushings are looking a old and starting to wear down but they are hanging in there for now. Where is a good place to look for some adjustable front uppers for the future? Good quality but not going to break my bank.

should I get front adjustable uppers or lowers? I've got the factory front uppers and fixed heavy duty lowers currenty.

Last edited:
If your aftermarket lowers are 1"+ longer than stock I would get the adjustable uppers.

Keep in mind that when you get the uppers, it's a good idea to get 2 new bushings for the axle end of the uppers, they're pressed in the axle housing and not part of the control arms.

Clayton Off Road - Jeep Lift Kits - Jeep Cherokee Lift Kits - Jeep Wrangler Lift Kits - Jeep Suspension Lift Kits
100_5996-3.jpg

What is the secret on removing these bushings? Please don't say hit on it with a hammer.

Attachments

• P1010481.JPG
    P1010481.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 533
  • P1010484.JPG
    P1010484.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 426
  • P1010482.JPG
    P1010482.JPG
    400.7 KB · Views: 584

Sorry, Hit it with a hammer!!. lol. Either use an air impact hammer or a chissel with a blunt edge and use a hammer and work around the bushing until it pops out.

So, I've installed the ORO U-turn steering system and new wheels and tires. Here are some pictures. I like the ride the tires will take a little bit to get used to, lost some power, no dead spot in the steering between the 11-1 O'clock,. So far there is no Death Wooble but I've still got that stupid lean to the passenger side. The Coils on the passenger side are more compressed than the driverside. I'm not sure if my coils are weak or if this is normally what happens when they settle in. But I don't like it at all. I want to fix it and I'm not sure if I should get new coils or purchase that JKS ACOS kit. What do you think?

Attachments

• P1010487.JPG
    P1010487.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 817
  • P1010485.JPG
    P1010485.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 3,048

Also, what is a good way to keep wheels balanced, I've noticed that when they balanced my tires they place wieghts on sticky pads on the inside of my wheels. Not really thinking thats going to last. I've heard of some product that helps keep your wheels balanced better. Next is my caster angle is more off now that it was before somewhere around 8.5 on both sides I think it is because I took off my uppers and tried to take out my bushings with no luck yet. And I went to put my uppers back on and the angle was even more off. I've got some adj uppers coming in with new bushings just waiting.

Consider internal balancing with either Tire Balancing Products or airsoft BB's. I have used the Dynabeads and recently added the .20g airsoft BB's when I needed to add some.

Internal balancing is nice because it always adjust for any caked on mud, and you can't add too much as any extra just spreads evenly around the tire.

So you had the Dyna BBs and then you added more BB's? The chart recommened that I get 8 oz's should I get more just in case?

You're running radials that are generally more round than my squarish bias swampers, 8oz should be plenty.

I would look at getting new springs, or if those are new, try to get them warrantied.

Back