gas prices

Sparky-Watts said:
...........although I just found out that the town 7 miles west of me has been having price wars all week.........

Man, I thought price wars went out in the 60's!! I actually remember paying $.23/gal. back then :shock:

RE: Re: RE: MPG & Odometer with bigger tires

mud4feet said:
Sparky-Watts said:
...........although I just found out that the town 7 miles west of me has been having price wars all week.........

Man, I thought price wars went out in the 60's!! I actually remember paying $.23/gal. back then :shock:

The lowest I've ever paid for gas was .29 a gallon, back in the late 70's or early 80's. Well, there was one time when the lady at the Quik Trip in Hutchinson changed the price and got it wrong on the premium pump. Instead of putting in $1.099, she put in $.109! So I called all my buddies, and we filled every vehicle and gas can we had for 10 cents a gallon of premium!!

Re: Any 1-Piece Axles for this Rearend?

ants wrote:

just for you americans 1 US gallon = 3.7854118
so its aproximatly 3.79 a gallon for me to fill up this just licks

Maybe higher in Canada, but look on the brite side, with socialized medicine, you pay more for gas but the government buys you a kidney when yours goes bad....provided you don't die waiting in line... :lol: :lol:

JK JK JK
Love to gig our neighbors to the north sometimes.

90Xjay said:
ants wrote:

just for you americans 1 US gallon = 3.7854118
so its aproximatly 3.79 a gallon for me to fill up this just licks

Maybe higher in Canada, but look on the brite side, with socialized medicine, you pay more for gas but the government buys you a kidney when yours goes bad....provided you don't die waiting in line... :lol: :lol:

JK JK JK
Love to gig our neighbors to the north sometimes.

Yeah, but I'm gonna have to sell a kidney to be able to afford my next tank of gas! :shock:

RE: Dieseling on shut down

OOOOOH!!!! maybe i should auction off one of my kidneys on e-bay :D sounds like a good idea.... i think its doing really well... my liver i dont think anyones gunna want, its been throu some rough times... but my KIDNEYS... WOOOOOO

KIDNEY FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(that should get me a couple tanks of gas :D)

ooh and i was corrected it was approx 3.10 for a gallon.. but still!!!!
well at least minimum wage is higher

$2.23 for the cheap stuff, to get the 107 octane up at the track for the strip vehicles, cost $5.04 a gallon

The cheap gas here is $2.55 with premium much closer to $3.00. I can't afford a motorcycle so I'll be riding my bicycle. I only live 3 miles from work so really the fact that I don't already ride my bike to work just makes me a lazy fool.

$2.18 down here but if I fill my boat at the marina instead of hauling gas in cans (30 gallons) it cost me $4.00.

RE: Air Intake

ants wrote
KIDNEY FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(that should get me a couple tanks of gas )

image-missing.png

roll cage

I'll drive down there to fill up... It'll be sheaper in the long run :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Aunt Doe was freaking when she saw it at around $1.95 down there... By that time, it was already about $2.13 here in Michigan...

2.27 in the middle of the desert. It's less expensive in some of the bigger metro areas!!! That's not right.

What is the supposed BS reason for the recent hike up? I've been out of the loop news-wise lately.

RE: Re: RE: Re: Recovery strap recommendations

Well, supposedly, there has been a refinery fire so one of them is shut down (scanned the web for news of a recent refinery fire, couldn't find any), and also a pipeline break (also no news upon scanning). One last factor is that they have to "retool" the refineries to make "summer gas" and that has slowed production, and summer gas is also more expensive. What is summer gas, you may be asking? Summer gas apparently doesn't evaporate as fast as "winter gas".......bet that comes from the same engineers that made summer and winter air for tires, headlight fluid, muffler bearings, etc.

RE: Re: RE: Re: Help my buddy win the Miss USA pageant!

we hit 2.45 for regular. I dont care if its summer, winter, fall, spring or kwanza gas I just want it cheaper.

Re: RE: Re: Help my buddy win the Miss USA pageant!

mingez said:
..........................That's not right.

What is the supposed BS reason for the recent hike up? I've been out of the loop news-wise lately.

Could it be because we elected an oil-man President? :shock:

Clunking noise when braking

Sparky wrote:

Well, supposedly, there has been a refinery fire so one of them is shut down (scanned the web for news of a recent refinery fire, couldn't find any),

Try this link for the story. BTW it was a pretty big story, 14 people died last month.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4311459/detail.html

Everyone should understand that crude oil is traded on the stock exchange like most commoditys are. Futures traders read forcast and either bet high or low (they want to make a profit) on how the whole supply demand thing looks for the future.

Your local gas station is more than likley not to blame, in fact they are having to pay an average of $3500 more for a 8500 gallon load of fuel than they were this time last year. That takes more captital and much tighter money skills to keep afloat.

Whose to blame?? Thats the $64,000 dollar question.

Even if we had and unlimited cheap supply of crude, the USA has not built a new refinery in almost 40 years.
Don't we all agree that there are more cars on the road now than back then and the demand is close to double? We can only refine so much per day and when all the refineries are running elbows and *% you know what, when something breaks, there goes the supply down.

BTW, companies who own refineries now are making good money. So why if it is so profitable, how come have investors not built any new ones?
Answer is that just in order to find land to build one, you have to do a 5 to 7 year enviornmental impact study first, and get all kinds of approvals. Just too much government red-tape in my opinion, then the people who lived within 20 miles would pitch a fit and call their congressman to have it blocked.

You see, fellow jeepers, we all want cheap, reliable, clean energy.
Just NOT IN MY neighborhood!!

The wind-turbine industry is proof positive. These companies like Seawest, PFLE, and GE can put up a wind turbine farm of 100 wind towers and make enough clean energy to take care of 35,000 houses. But nearly everywhere they try to go in, people pitch a fit because they are "ugly". Now if you own land that they want to put a tower on, they become beautiful because every month you get a nice check for around $3000.00 for rent from them.

So for my 2 cents, about 20 years of bad or no energy policy at all, and allowing OPEC to flood the world market with cheap crude when ever they want, causing domestic drilling to halt, then when we are not producing, guess what, OPEC cuts production and raises the prices!! Duhh

We have allowed it to happen to ourselves, we only gripe when gas gets too high and are not concerned about anything else excecpt what movies to go see on the weekends...

Sorry for the rant,

RE: in need of help

who wants to go in with me and start up a new refinery?

I'd rather get me one of those wind turbines on my property. Can one power my house? I'd even paint it all pretty like too. Actually, I am working on a way to teleport myself from one place to another. It's a slow and expensive process. If any of you'd like I'll take donations to help further my research. :lol:

Losing power

Sparky-Watts said:
Well, supposedly, there has been a refinery fire so one of them is shut down (scanned the web for news of a recent refinery fire, couldn't find any), and also a pipeline break (also no news upon scanning). One last factor is that they have to "retool" the refineries to make "summer gas" and that has slowed production, and summer gas is also more expensive. What is summer gas, you may be asking? Summer gas apparently doesn't evaporate as fast as "winter gas".......bet that comes from the same engineers that made summer and winter air for tires, headlight fluid, muffler bearings, etc.
The recent refinery fire was a Texaco Plant south of Houston near Brazosport. Several people were killed. It's really just an excuse.
We have all the oil we need in Alaska if you can talk the Eco Nazi's into letting us drill.
It sucks that this is what it will take for alternate fuels and engines to surface. I myself am in favor of electric motors. DC motors give 100% of maximum torque at takeoff. That would be great on a trail vehicle. Hauling 1000 pounds of batteries is not so good.
If you think gas prices are high now, just wait until alternative fuel vehicles saturate the market and you want to go down and fill up the "old Jeep" with gasoline. They will price it like a luxury then. I guess I will just beat the snot out of mine now and get a new one at that point.

Back