Grand Cherokee hesitates to accelerate when a/c running

user57

Hello all,

I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 3.7L V6 with 89000 miles on it that hesitates to accelerate when stopped. This only happens when I have the air conditioning running. With the a/c off, my Jeep accelerates from a stopped position as soon as I hit the gas, but when the a/c is running, my Jeep does not move until about it hits 2000 RPM.

The garage that I take the jeep to is stumped. They gave it a tune up with new plugs and wires installed, but that did not help. A few days later, the a/c, which was already slow to cool, died on me. The garage then replaced a valve on the a/c and recharged the system, so the a/c now works fine, but the hesitation to accelerate persists (when the a/c is on). Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, could you please tell me how you fixed it? Since I am new to this forum, please let me know if I have posted this in the wrong place, or if there is some auto repair Holy Land that I should be posting this question to. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Did it always hesitate like this as long as you have owned it? You should notice some power loss on acceleration with the A/C on, as it is literally is taking power from the engine to cool off your jeep. If it hasn't, then something likely is wrong with the AC system. I would start there

Back