Had Another Wreck

TJ_Jeep

Well coming home from school today and i see a puddle i slow down as i'm coming to it, well it splashes on my windshield cant see, by the time i can see i'm on the other side of the road and i jerk it back over and thats when it slide and i hit a pole, heres some pics, i'm afraid there gonna total it.......

Attachments

• 100_3152.JPG
    100_3152.JPG
    850.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_3153.JPG
    100_3153.JPG
    911.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_3156.JPG
    100_3156.JPG
    850.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_3159.JPG
    100_3159.JPG
    858.6 KB · Views: 56

If you dont report it they can not total it.Is that the only damage is the one body bolt?Hard to tell from the pics if there is any other damage.

Every single body bolt and mount is bent and twisted like that the front fenders are bowed a little and my insurance said not to do a report but either way there gonna repair it or total it out

Chayse you would have been better off not breathing a word of this to your insurance co. Its hard to tell from pics I know, but most of the guys I know that have either wrecked their jeeps or got body damage on the trail have used it as an excuse to do upgrades. You'd be better off fixing it yourself as you can afford it. new fenders, maybe tube fenders, etc. I don't know how hard you hit the pole. could the frame possibly be bent?? Your insurance company may nail your butt to the wall on this by raising your rates sky high and put you in a high risk if you aren't already because of your age. I don't know where you were at and I'm sure it depends on what road you were on but what caused you to swerve after the water cleared your windshield? Was it just because you saw that you were on the wrong side of the road or was there traffic coming at you? Either way I guess it doesn't matter now, what matters is that you are okay. No harm in having some fun, I splash in puddles myself but please be careful. Now I'm gonna sound like your Mom, but did you go to the hospital to get checked out?

Lisa:(

Man I'm really sorry to hear about that..I understand how that might happen though with 33's on my wrangler the handling suffers a lot and wet roads make it twice as bad. Off topic though, what's coming out of your defroster sitting on your dash in the picture?

Sucks to hear that you had a spill again. Dang, Sounds like that School area is a bad place! Wasn't that where you had the first wreck? I'd drop out and get out of there. :lol: j/k

How big a Body lift do you have on there? I know you had to raise it up to fit the 35's, but I can't remember. If it is more than 1", it put some major unwanted stress on those longer bolts on impact. I wouldn't really think it tweaked the frame unless the front bumper got bent up pretty bad. You may want to down size the tires for the time being and get a 1" BL and get the body back on straight. Keep us posted

Sucks to hear that you had a spill again. Dang, Sounds like that School area is a bad place! Wasn't that where you had the first wreck? I'd drop out and get out of there. :lol: j/k

Yeah, That's a lot safer, drop out and sell drugs.:lol::lol: JUST JOKING!!! WOW, rain got me too when I was a kid . . . .605 fwy near LA at 70 MPH. Yeah, could of been a lot worse. As we get older we stop thinking about how good we were because we spun out and "saved it" and switch to how we avoided the spin out altogether through experiance and slower driving.

Chayse you would have been better off not breathing a word of this to your insurance co. Its hard to tell from pics I know, but most of the guys I know that have either wrecked their jeeps or got body damage on the trail have used it as an excuse to do upgrades. You'd be better off fixing it yourself as you can afford it. new fenders, maybe tube fenders, etc. I don't know how hard you hit the pole. could the frame possibly be bent?? Your insurance company may nail your butt to the wall on this by raising your rates sky high and put you in a high risk if you aren't already because of your age. I don't know where you were at and I'm sure it depends on what road you were on but what caused you to swerve after the water cleared your windshield? Was it just because you saw that you were on the wrong side of the road or was there traffic coming at you? Either way I guess it doesn't matter now, what matters is that you are okay. No harm in having some fun, I splash in puddles myself but please be careful. Now I'm gonna sound like your Mom, but did you go to the hospital to get checked out?

Lisa:(

They totaled it out the frame looked like a bowed piece of wood and when the tried to straighten it the body just kept warping.... so i got 8500 out of it...... What happened is when i hit the water it was all fun and games but when it cleared i saw i was going sideways and i couldn't control it... I'm thinking about buying it back from salvage... i could get it back for cheap cheap. And yes went to hospital, everthings A OK

Man I'm really sorry to hear about that..I understand how that might happen though with 33's on my wrangler the handling suffers a lot and wet roads make it twice as bad. Off topic though, what's coming out of your defroster sitting on your dash in the picture?

Thanks, It was my USB plug for my radio so could plug my iPod up.

How many inches of body lift was that? Do you think it would have been totaled if you didn't have a body lift (I'm assuming the frame would have still been bent).

I probably wouldn't mess with a bent frame, salvage Jeep. $8500 wouldn't buy you a new Wrangler, but it should get you a nice Jeep with some mods already done.

How many inches of body lift was that? Do you think it would have been totaled if you didn't have a body lift (I'm assuming the frame would have still been bent).

I probably wouldn't mess with a bent frame, salvage Jeep. $8500 wouldn't buy you a new Wrangler, but it should get you a nice Jeep with some mods already done.

It had a 2in body lift, but being my dad works at the place that was going to fix it, he said that if i bought it back and took the body off then straightened the frame it would prob be back to normal so thats why im thinking about buying it back as like a side project, because i already have a truck picked out

$8500 for a 98.Nice..you can easily buy another one around the same year for less and also buy your old for parts.

$8500 for a 98.Nice..you can easily buy another one around the same year for less and also buy your old for parts.

Well see i work for a house building company and i'm the parts getter and having to haul bricks, wood, flooring all on a trailer really sucked using the jeep, so i found me a nice 2000 F150 for 5k and hopefully i can buy the jeep back and still have a jeep

For $3500 you can get a nice YJ 4 banger and not have any frame issues.

Well good new..... There NOT totaling it!! yay lol ill get it back on Friday, i get a chrome bumper out of it lol, but whatever the part is called that the pitman arm attaches to is $1,000 wow

Im glad you're getting your Jeep back. Congrats

Back