Help!!

EMTSerks

Hey all. Trying to install new speakers, and while at it, realized that the dash seems to be sandwiched between the body and windshield... So, I began removal of interior torx bolts and roll cage in order to fold down the windshield... I thought I got everything, but I can't budge the windshield! What do I do? I need to get this remedied ASAP!!!

Thanks

I had the same issue. I had cup holders on both sides of my Jeep right above the dash speakers, there is a plate bracket that holds the windshield up so it doesn't fall inside the jeep. If you have already removed that bracket, and the roll cage connected to the windshield frame, it will just take a little pushing.....Mine was extremly tight and took more force to move than I thought it would...

its a 91... took off the 3 bolted interior brackets, and roll cage... pushing it with all force, not budging!

The only thing holding it down are the 3 bolts on each side of the body at the bottom, and the two on each side of the roll cage at the top.

When I fold my windshield ('94 YJ), I just take out the two top bolts that are on top of the speakers and the 2 bolts from the roll cage. I think your problem may be that the hinge is stuck or that the rubber cowl seal is SO bad that it is stuck to the cowl and the windshield. If you have taken out the 3 bolts from each side (the ones on the sides of the dash) and the 2 from the top of the roll cage, I think you just need to push harder... Being careful not to break the glass, of course.

thanks to all for the help... turns out the torx from the visors were what did it... Took those suckers out, and with a little muscle, the windshield came down! now time to change hinges and speakers... =)

Back