HELP!!!

BlackBart

I have a quardajet 4 barrel carb., and my machine seems to run good for about a month, and then I have to take it back into the shop to have the carb. adjusted because it runs so rough. Can anyone explain in a little detail on how I would adjust my carb? I would appreciate any help.[addsig]

Most anytime I had ongoing proglems with a carb. I would find a shop that specialized in carb.´s with a flow bench. Quadrajet takes many interrelated adjustrments to make one run right. The ThermalQuad (with the metal body) seemed to be a better (budget) choice for off roading (though they are sensitive when wet). Over Carburation seemed to be the biggest headache with most installations, never have gotten anything bigger than a 550 to work right. Larger carb.s just don´t seem to want to idle right (for long).

I wish I could be more help, but most times, I´ve had anything to do with the Quadrajet, I upgraded to Holly (with off road floats) and usually downgraded a size or two.

A Quadrajet or a Thermal Quad both seemed to work better, when set up for a truck application, rather than for peak horses.[addsig]

throw down a few bones and get yourself a good carb, i love my edlebrock, virtually adjustment free, and i've heard many good things about weber and holley carbs, but all i hear is bad about the quadrajet ones

Quik[addsig]

First make sure the intake you have can accept a holley bolt patter, then go with a truck avenger. Or just find someone who deals with carbs on a regular basis and let them tinker with the Q-jet because they are actually really good carbs if you have someone who knows what they are doing tune them.[addsig]

First make sure the intake you have can accept a holley bolt patter, then go with a truck avenger. Or just find someone who deals with carbs on a regular basis and let them tinker with the Q-jet because they are actually really good carbs if you have someone who knows [addsig]

Back