Hi-Lift Jack Mounting

Branjmb

Where do you put your hi-lift jack? Do you like where it is?

One in particular catches my eye- it's behind the spare tire and at an angle or straight up and down.... what kind of mount do you get for that method?

Very interested in different places you store the jack!

Mounting it inside the jeep will keep it clean and help ensure it will work when you need it most. Mine is mounted above the trunk area between the two rollbar uprights, attached with muffler clamps and wingnuts for quick access.

Similar to this:

JK%2048%20High%20Lift%20Jack%20Mount.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately inside.

I used to put mine there as well but now my fuel cell is in the way, so I made mounts on a shoulder cross bar on my cage. a lot harder to get to, but hi-lift always works

I did something similar with mine using Cyclone fence hardware;

5453883139_a3193f7ace_z.jpg

5454495500_b04c1b6383_z.jpg

and I use a Cobra Snake lock to secure it as I run a soft top.

I also used fencing hardware. All of $10 from Home Depot! And, like stated before, keeping it inside keeps it nice and clean (which ensures proper functioning when you need it!).

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

Felipe

i mounted mine on the hood!! it gets really dirty and you pretty much have to keep a can of WD40 or a bottle of oil with you in case you need it. Pretty much as long as you have some way of lubricating it when you need it you should be good. But I love where mine is. Its not for everyone, but there are a couple of fans of the hood mounted jack. And yes mine is on there pretty good and it wont fly off in a crash and if it does the hood is coming with it.

Attachments

• y.JPG
    y.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 1,188

I have mine just placed in the back behind the rear seat because I got a cj5. Also I don't really like the bolt in method, I'd prefer something quicker than unscrewing bolts to get to it. Maybe I'll try and create a bolt-and-pin combo or something like that.

I have mine just placed in the back behind the rear seat because I got a cj5. Also I don't really like the bolt in method, I'd prefer something quicker than unscrewing bolts to get to it. Maybe I'll try and create a bolt-and-pin combo or something like that.

From a local hardware shop I just got oversized wing nuts so the jack is easily removed.

I retired the high lift jack now use one of these a lot safer
144879_lg-1.jpg

I retired the high lift jack now use one of these a lot safer
144879_lg-1.jpg

Do you get enough travel out of the hydraulic jack to replicate what you get with the hi-lift? I imagine that it can't be the same as a hi-lift but as long as it is enough to get you unstuck. I like this option a lot better than carrying the hi-lift around as it takes up so much less room and is easier to use.

Do you get enough travel out of the hydraulic jack to replicate what you get with the hi-lift? I imagine that it can't be the same as a hi-lift but as long as it is enough to get you unstuck. I like this option a lot better than carrying the hi-lift around as it takes up so much less room and is easier to use.

I would not carry a bottle jack INSTEAD of a HiLift for offroad. IN ADITION, maybe, but not instead (for the reasons already pointed out).

jfrabat said:
I would not carry a bottle jack INSTEAD of a HiLift for offroad. IN ADITION, maybe, but not instead (for the reasons already pointed out).

I agree. The hi lift just has to many extra curricular uses to just replace it with the bottle jack, but if you've got the room to add it to the collection of trail tools, it would definitely be a nice, quick and easy thing to have on hand.

Back