How to spend your tax rebate check

90Xjay

How to use the rebate

As you may have heard the Bush Administration said each and every one of us would now get a nice rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs, if we purchase a computer it will all go to India, if we purchase fruit and vegetables it will all go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatamala, if we purchase a good car it will all go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will all go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America, so the only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes and beer, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

Works for me. Sadly, I don't think the wife will go for it.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet. I'm either going to use it to pay down the mortgage, put it in savings or if I don't have the credit card paid of by then, I may pay it off. Probably the prudent thing to do.

Works for me. Sadly, I don't think the wife will go for it.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet. I'm either going to use it to pay down the mortgage, put it in savings or if I don't have the credit card paid of by then, I may pay it off. Probably the prudent thing to do.

Absolutely. The interest you save paying on the credit card will beat what you'll gain in a savings account or paying on your mortgage.

Yes, but that is precisely what your not supposed to do with the check. Tax Rebate or whatever, it is part of an economic incentive package. They want you to spend it to revive the economy.

"As you may have heard the Bush Administration said each and every one of us would now get a nice rebate." Really, Did they change their mind? Last time I read, only persons with income less than $75k or $150k joint were getting a check.

Just send me your rebate check if you're worried about the money leaving the country...

I'll make sure it stays here in the good old U.S.A... and I won't use it for beer and ...

Thanks in advance,

Larry

Last edited:
90, call my wife and explain to her the politics of the rebate checks so'es I can spend it the american way. Yeah baby, hookers and beer, nothing better, well, fishing of course. I agree, do we have anything left that is actually built in the USA, not talking about assembled. I mean built.

Where does it go if you spend it at Quadratec.com?

Paying off bills with mine...

well as you know, my fist post here was a joke.

In reality here is how my "rebate" check will go

According to the IRS site, I will get $1200 for me and the wife and $300 for each of my two kids for a total of $1800

$1800
$ 900- to go towards the extra $75 per month it is costing me for groceries compared to this time last year
$ 400- for the year for the difference in the price of fuel- that is only counting one vehicle as the other truck gets company fuel for work expense
$ 300- at least for the increased cost of everything I buy that is trucked in
$ 300- in extra income taxes that will be due next year for that $1800 that will be counted as taxable income according to the IRS

So you see, if you are middle class don't fool yourself into thinking your are getting something, because you're not.

As far as I'm concerned mine is gone already and I'm in the hole.

My advice would be to save it. Why? If Hillary or Obama become the next President, they will want it all back... with interest of course. ;)

You're from Utah............don't you have another wife you could sleep with!!;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

my wife told me once that I could get a few more wives...but I have to get 30 more...at once... so she only has to share the bed once per month...and only on those months with 31 days in it.

Back