I love my dog.... and you love your: ?

Well, in my life i've had a hamster named "Herman". A Terrier/Pomeranian mix named "Pomers", A Shepard mix named "Dante", a Savanah monitor named "Godzilla" and a Turtle named "Gammy" short for "Gamura" the giant Japanese turtle seen in many movies.

And now...the Crack dog.

I´ve got a cat named Klutz, falls out of trees, tries to jump through closed windows, falls most every time he climbs on anything. Never lands on his feet. Vet really likes him, they are great buddies, think the cat gets kickbacks.
I´ve got two hunters. A Wiemraner, a true hunter, outstanding nose, points, retrieves. Also some training as a personnal protection dog. Guards the car and property like a pro. At an even 100 lbs., he is big enough to be taken seriously. As a side note, the Wiemeraner is the only hunter in Germany, that is allowed to be trained as a personnel protection dog. The German Foresters, use them as protection from wild pigs (both the human and animal varieties).
Also a Jack Russel Terrier, Chica. She works well as a flusher and will dive down any Fox den she can find, seems to really enjoy, getting into tight spots, climbs better than the cat. Probalby 12- 15 Lbs, thinks she is a Pit Bull. will attack most anything. Beats the heck out of the cat almost daily, in a friendly sort of way. Chica has only two speeds, sleep and overdrive, a really active animal.
Other than occasionally laying on the cat, the Wiemeraner, generally ignores him, they grew up together.

I have a Rott/Lab mix named Ace shes about 5....I picked her up one night off the street because she was tied to a telephone pole and it was winter time....she was shivering and everything and at the time my dalmation just died so i was vulnerable you could say...Ill try and get pics of her I also have two cats One black with white stomach named oreo...she only has one eye too but damn shes an aesome cat, and I have another cat named Rico hes grey with grey stripes he is just a lazy little bum who eats food all day(must take after owner)

We have 3 dogs in the house a lab, a dalmation and a husky, two cats and a monster amount of fish.
The Husky is my dog, hes about 2 years old and is named Kubbs, but everybody in the house started calling him Kubby. We adopted him from some husky search and rescue type place. good dog just sheds ALOT!

image-missing.png

LGR said:
good dog just sheds ALOT!
I feel your pain there...
So does my husky-chow mixed "bobbi".
She sheds all the time, but twice a year it's real bad.

I can relate to the strays and love of pets. I also freak out when people say "it's just an animal" or "I don't like them". They are little souls, just as good as humans though!

I saved a dog once that came around work. We had a penchant there for saving strays, many families had taken them home. This one though (the one my ex has now) was just too much even for the kind hearted. He stayed at three different houses the first week we found him and he needed emergency medical care something awfull. No one was willing to spend the money on him at the vet, or supply the food and kennel for a dog obviously so large.

He was covered in gorged ticks, I mean hundreds of them. I spent hours picking them off the first few days. What a disgusting chore that was. He was at least 25 lbs underweight for his frame and all four pads were raw and bloody from walking the streets. Both ears were full of infection and raw spots and he had worms too. What a vet visit that was! I have a picture of him nowadays' as well as that crazy cat of mine.

She was another great story. Got her at the SPCA at 2 weeks old. She was just over a pound. Always a curious cat to the max. When I got her, right away she wouldn't eat and it got worse from there. Vets couldn't figure it out after many trips, she didn't test for worms or anything. She was too young for shots.

Turns out, one day a raw open wound showed up on her side and it was nasty as all get out. I coudln't figure it out, it was a perfect circle and clear to the muscle. Took her back to the vet and then right away they knew what it was. It was some sort of parasite, like the kind found in forest creatures. It's a form of a maggot that has to eat a way out of the animals body. It was eating her alive! She stayed for two days, the removal process was to wait for the thing to come up for exit and force it out. I never!

Then at about 10 weeks, she got herself caught on an ironing board in the closet while I was at work. She hung for hours caught by her rear leg joint. Broke it in a couple places, had sugery and a cast. That was real fun, had to build a wooden enclosure INSIDE my house and help her in and out of the litter box, etc. Wound care was a treat let me tell you.

Now, she is fat and clumsy! She falls from everything and has one leg that shakes alot on a regular basis. She also has a tumor of some sort in her belly. The vet says it's normal and is like a fat pocket and it will be okay. She's six now.

lol anyway, I'm rambling. Isn't it so easy to go on about these little ones we love? I have really enjoyed this thread!

Lady

Saurian I love your lizard! My desk needs a companian like that! LOL Tug, Twisted, and Mingez-your pets are precious!!!

Dogs, cats, lizards on steroids, birds, snakes, fish, rats with fancy names...

You people are all sick and need to get lives. :roll:

Here is a picture of my favorite pet.

4fjhz-2.jpg

I call it "Blimpie."

Here is a picture of Blimpie and littermates taken shortly after their birth.

:mrgreen:

4fjhs-2.jpg

Gadget

Yoke for a ford 9inch

Inspector-Gadget said:
Dogs, cats, lizards on steroids, birds, snakes, fish, rats with fancy names...

You people are all sick and need to get lives. :roll:
Are you being serious?

Lady, thanks for the compliments on little Elwyn... I love everyone's pets, Tug, the puppies are adorable... I am a major animal lover, mom works in a pet store, hence the zoo that I described at my parent's place... I attached a pic... Elwyn's not a huge lizard, and what you see here is a salad plate of romaine lettuce... He will eat all that in one sitting. I don't know where he puts it all...
image-missing.png

He needs a plate like that every day. Other than that, he basks under a heat lamp, on a heating pad, with an additional lamp that comes on during the day. If it's about 97-105 degrees in his habitat, he's happy.

I am extremely pleased to hear about all the animal rescues here... Elwyn would not get along with any other uromastyx, this guy came into my mom's pet store at his wits end, so I took him... Alex, my big orange tabby, I found at work. I work summer seasonal work with my City DPS, and I was cleaning out the corner area where the burned up vehicles were stored (big fire in the garage over Good Friday, 2003, 6 million worth of damage, and the entire Streets Division fleet was melted into the floor, not good...), and there were these 2 stray cats. They looked really skinny, and I could not in good conscience leave them, especially when I found out that they were regularly seen over there, so I took them to the vet for a checkup, then home, my buddy took one, I took the other... Alex weighed about 7 pounds when I took him in. He almost immediately gained weight when he was fed, and ended up gaining close to 10 pounds, which for his build was not terribly overweight. Now he's about a healthy 16. Glad to see so many animal lovers here.

Oh yeah, Elwyn's not the greatest desk pet, loves to watch me type, but he also loves to pee in the keyboard. Try cleaning that up!

Oh yeah, Elwyn's not the greatest desk pet, loves to watch me type, but he also loves to pee in the keyboard. Try cleaning that up! :shock: :shock: Well now, I thought cleaning up after cats and dogs was hard! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww LOL

Lady

Lizzard pee has just replaced, my well used exclamation of choice, sour Owl chit. Sour Owl chit, was what I was continiously after the kids to clean up, when they brought home an injured Owl. Owl was released, after his flight feathers grew back in.
Sour Owl chit, on a scale of gag to vomit, rated well above dirty diapers or the cat box. :shock:

soa pics finally

It's pretty horrible... Never kept an owl, but that does not sound very pleasant to clean up either.

...and actually, I've recently given my Jeep the nickname Kermit (as in the frog), so it works.

Kermit's musing "It's not easy being green" is particularly applicable to my jeep. :)

Back