I may have stumbled onto some good YJ info!

60 Biscayne

This is good news to me so I thought I'd pass it on for what it's worth.
1st off the seats in my 1989 Wrangler aren't in the best of condition. I've been looking at seat covers but good ones are expensive & there still covers. The seats themselves are a little bit to firm for my tender butt - again new seats carry a heavy price.
My wife has a 1995 Cherokee and I've fixed up the drivers seat back but its still broken in my eyes!
You see lots of Cherokees in the boneyards around here........ not many if any Wranglers. I'm at this one local place and he has a 1995 Grand Cherokee Limited with a Beautiful Super Leather Interior, 6 way power seats, 60/40 rear etc....... $20 cash 3 coffee's and a box of donuts the next time I come over is the price for the works.
It took me the better part of a morning to pull it out without doing any damage etc....
I bring it home & my wife says I don't want them in my car! The color this & who wants power seats - something to go wrong etc............
I pull the passenger seat out of the Wrangler which is held in by four 5/16" nuts & bolts. I pull the slide track off the seat - again four 5/16 nuts.
BOTH of the seat bottoms are FLAT! The Wrangler mounting is a little bit wider than these Grand Cherokee seat bottoms so I use a piece of Aluminium plate I have around (3/16" x 17" x 17") as an adapter drill a few holes - bolt the Wrangler tracks on and WALLA! I have a set of Dandy Plush Leather Cummfy Seats in my Old Ride!
There's a guy on eBay selling some kind of seat info for $7 or something maybe his news is something like this.......
Anyway, I thought it worth shareing - you guys have been great to me!
Jim

Oh, I don't want to mislead anybody - I didn't use the power seat mechanism that would have mde the seats sit much too high!
They are a little bit higher than the Wrangler seat but because they are softer I think you sink down & the end result is near the same driving height.
Jim

Hay - This might be an add-on!
I can't be sure because the Wrangler is over at my buddy's garage, we're still playing with trying to get the speedo & tach working plus fuel pressure regulator wooo's!
Anyway, I'm looking at this (Beautiful Leather Commfy) 60/40 type back seat that I pulled from this Grand Cherokee and than I look at the rear seat I've got out of the Wrangler. I put the stick of inches on them & the larger side of the 60/40's width is about 1/2" less than the stock hunk of junk! I took all the mounting brackets when I pulled the seats - Maybe I can rig it up for the comfort of my passengers! I'll keep you informed -
Jim
Gotta learn how to put up a picture of my Little Jeep!
It's a 1989 Wrangler, I bought it 8 years ago from the original owner. It has 118k on the body. I repainted it 3 or 4 years ago & now it's getting a set of 1995 Grand Cherokee seats. 2 summers ago I put in a 4" Lift via all Pro Comp & Rough Rider stuff along with the set of (5) 33x12.5x15 Thornbirds. All new Front end parts, 1995 Rear, a radiator from a 2002 Wrangler, new exhaust - was a 4.2 with a 5 speed but now it has a Complete 2004 drivetrain with a 4.0 an automatic trans & transfer case which has less than 10,000 miles on it! The engine package also came with the wiring harness, computer, fuse block as well as both driveshafts. I also trans skid plate but didn't use it - If anybody can use it it's yours free..... come to Pa. & pick it up or you pay the freight

Back