I swear, I searched......

Heep72

Ok, I want a new battery. I admit I am kinda stuck on the spiral cell - sealed - mount - em - any which way batteries. Searched the forums and I did find a few threads that were from a few years ago. Not much help. I also searched the world wide web and really there isnt much there either. I need some opinions from the all mighty Jeepz family.

Optima - yellow, red top
Exide - orbital
Champion - XLT
Diehard - Platinum

What do youz think? Also it would be nice to be able to walk into a joint and pick one up...........getting tired of the internet purchase thang so if you know where to get above batteries, (autozone, advance, napa, pepboys, sams club) I would sure appreciate the additional info! Thanks. 8)

I'm very pleased with my Optima Bluetop, it's a combination deep cycle/starting battery similar to the yellowtop but adds a pair of stainless steel studs to the top, easy accessory and winch hookup. Pricey but well worth it, had mine for several years now and has never failed to start, holds up to the longest winch recoveries too.

I've tried the yellow Optima batteries before . . .. they weren't much better than the standard cheapies you can get from the local auto part store. I wasn't real impressed, maybe I was expecting too much.

I myself never flipped over the optima batterys always thought they were over rated . I like the Interstate battery they out performed any other battery I ever owned and I used alot of them

Back