Inverter

Dutch169

Got to put in today. Ran into a few problems but all done. Not the prettiest install but I was more concerned about the wiring then appearance. I can fix that later.

1. I took the glove box off and removed the storage area.
6caf685c-1.jpg

2. Cut a piece of 12x12 sheet metal in half. I then cut out a 2 inch piece on the top center to fit the locking mechanism (circled red). I also used the holes on the glove box (circled in red) to secure the base. This later turns out to be a problem. The metal hangs to far down and hits against the bottom of the dash board. I then had to cut it again and put more holes onto the glove door.
33cfe972-1.jpg

In this pic you can see the bottom holes moved up. I used 1/4 coupling nuts to give lift the base up and even with the locking mechanism.
1b3ab62f-1.jpg

3. I used a strip of heavy duty velcro and zip ties to hold the onverter down. Fixing this later but a useful mock up.
e43f02e5-1.jpg

I mounted the solenoid to the engine compartment (forgot to take picture but can see it later) and the circuit breaker to the fuse box cover.
c8489954-1.jpg

4. Now for wiring. I went through the rubber boot that leads into the interior. Ran the positive/negative wires (also the ground switch for the solenoid ). Its up under the center of the dash. Ran the wire behind the dash and to the inverter.
d00defb3-1.jpg

5. Ran the positive wire to the solenoid (blue line). Then ran the positive wire to the circuit breaker. While wiring the positive to the circuit breaker I put the jump wire into the connection to make it easier and cleaner (circled in red) and connected the ground switch (yellow line).
3d137614-1.jpg

6. I connected the solenoid positive wire to the circuit breaker then to the positive side of the battery. Also connected the negative line to the negative side of the battery.
42bfc820-1.jpg

7. Ran the gound to a switch and then grounded that. Hit the switch and everything worked. Tested it with an angle grinder.
Finished product.
3fd06d3a-1.jpg

573fbbe2-1.jpg

Only problem I had was the glove box door. The mounting I am going to clean up later. I have Daystar switches and trying to figure out how to get it to light up when the inverter is on. I bought only 6 feet of 2 gauge wire. Had plenty of negative but barely had enough positive. Hope this helps.

Back