Jeep Laredo help!

I have a 1997 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo, i have a rear end noise i believe is a wheel bearing and wheel seal and the driver's side its leaking fluid at the hub so i know the seal is bad. now i hear a whining noise when i let off the gas when i give it gas it goes away now i know this from what Ive looked at i know the ujoint at the yolk is bad going to replace this weekend. the wheel bearing on the right is most likely bad. when i put the car on the lift when i increase you can see that the wheel moves out some. so i pulled on the wheel and it has a very small pull out ward some. now would the wheel bearing cause that too happen. the next question for the jeep fanatics out here would the Moog ujoints from auto zone are they decent too use? if not what parts are actually decent. now i don't do any off roading or anything with this jeep i plan on fixing it up and keeping it and restore it too the best of my knowledge and hoping you guys can help me as well.

Moog makes good u-joints. Timken makes the best wheel bearings. The movement may be a ball joint. And here Moog makes a good ball joint as well. Sounds like you may have axel seal issues if you have a leak near the brakes.

Edit spelling.

Last edited:
Back