Jeep wrangler topless in the rain

Stalefishsk8er

Yesterday my coworker decided to come to the paintball field with the top of the jeep off before it started to rain and it started to rain and me and my coworkers were dude you effed which we thought was funny lol, what do y'all think of these btw he drove home without the top

Stalefishsk8er said:
Yesterday my coworker decided to come to the paintball field with the top of the jeep off before it started to rain and it started to rain and me and my coworkers were dude you effed which we thought was funny lol, what do y'all think of these btw he drove home without the top

I can't hate I have done that in my lj many of times it just happens sometimes especially when I went to highschool with it down ad the teachers wouldn't let me go out and put it up untill class was over

trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

It's all part of the fun of jeep ownership! Just like on the motorcycle, it's going to happen every now and then:)

Its a Jeep....it's made to take it! The owners video even mentions spraying the inside out with a hose. The dash switches and controls all have rubber seals to help keep water out. You would just get a wet @zz on the way.....won't hurt the Jeep one bit.

I've driven in a downpour with no top or doors....not nearly as bad as riding a motorcycle in the rain. (done that plenty!)

Roundeye said:
Its a Jeep....it's made to take it! The owners video even mentions spraying the inside out with a hose. The dash switches and controls all have rubber seals to help keep water out. You would just get a wet @zz on the way.....won't hurt the Jeep one bit.

I've driven in a downpour with no top or doors....not nearly as bad as riding a motorcycle in the rain. (done that plenty!)

He was driving it home with no top and doors trying to smoke a cigarette

I end up doing that once a month. I haven't had my full top on all summer, and sooner or later I get caught out in the rain.

I did have to stop under an overpass a couple of weeks ago until the rain died down a bit. There was just to much water on both sides of the windshield.

If it's not necessary ,Dont do it.if its an avoidable situation,well use a little bit of common sense,darn these vvechicles are not boats,theyI belive was originally designed to withstand a helluva lot of abuse for the military,we have not got those standards of design in our civilian jeeps,so dont try to bull yourself.

i hope i never get caught in the rain like that. when we thought w e were last night coming home from san antonio, we were ready to pull over and wait it out so the rain didn't blow in through the center and soak the dash and mess up anything.

Got caught twice this summer so far. First time not too bad. Wet from the neck to the a#? and second time really soaked. Found out the second time that the mesh bikini top turns hail into little missiles that attack my earlobes and cheeks. Oh well. That's all part of it.

Around here, you never know when your going to drive through a pop up storm. They never last long but can be pretty fierce at times.

Last year I was driving home from work I got caught in a pretty big one. I usually leave the top up but have the doors and windows off. It's a little cooler with some shade. I was driving on the interstate loop around the city and I could see the dark clouds up ahead so I checked the radar on my iphone and it was pretty red right on the interstate. I could see brake lights coming on up ahead and everyone started slowing down. Then the rain started, then the wind, then the hail. The hail was blowing in the jeep from the right side pelting me on the exposed skin of my face and arms. When I got home the right side of me was completely soaked but my left side was dry.

The best part was the looks I got from the people i passed as I tried to get home a quickly as possible. When is jeep going to offer a windshield wiper for the inside? I could have used it then.

If it's not necessary ,Dont do it.if its an avoidable situation,well use a little bit of common sense,darn these vvechicles are not boats,theyI belive was originally designed to withstand a helluva lot of abuse for the military,we have not got those standards of design in our civilian jeeps,so dont try to bull yourself.
That why I bought the one I did with the "extra drain holes". I run a bikini top from april to october and enjoy it rain or shine.

I carry a small squeegee with me for rain on the inside of the windshield.I also use clear 3M tape to go over my inspection stickers,if not they seem to fade and start to fall off after they get wet a few times.

Roundeye said:

That's interesting I didn't know u could get the dash wet with a hose I just assumed it would mess it up. I should prob watch this video

I had a 95 and had top off at my apartment when the sprinkler system kicked on and was shooting right on my dash whole dash was soaked, water setting in every nook and never had a problem.

when i looked under hte dash, none of hte fuses are water sealed or to many of hte connections. i still am not convinced its ok to soak the whole dash. there is no rubber seal between the gages and the bezel so water is running down onto the wiring and backs of the switches

a few years back i drove 30 miles in a heavy down pour with a 77 cj and a glass tub ! it poured thundered and the greatest lightning show ever ! when i got to town i hit a huge puddle of water that was flooding the road and a wall of water went straight up ..hung for a moment and then crashed down on my head. it was the best ride ever and after i drilled holes to let the 3 or 4 inches of water out of the tub there was no lasting effects :) ( i NEVER run carpet in my jeeps !)

Back