Just a thread to kill time

We are looking at a Hybrid to replace my wife's Avalanche. I figured up the savings at $950 a year at the current fuel prices.

I remember buying gas for $.23 /gallon.

Me, too... High school, first car, really cheap gas. You are right, though! Really cheap wages, too.

We really have to talk about the "Sucks to be old" part. Think of what these youngsters still have to face in their short lives! I'm glad I made it to here! It has got to be downhill now! (hehehe)

Don't know if it makes a difference or not, but in MO. since January 08 all gas sold now has 10% alcohol mix and today it was 2.89 a gallon in Springfield.

You can still buy premium without the alcohol mix but it's harder to find.

So far so good, I haven't noticed any bad effects from running the mix.

$3.25 here.
The wife and I carpool 30miles (one way) so that helps quite a bit.
Our vehicles:
99 Ford Taurus- 25 MPG
2002 Dodge Durango- 14.5 MPG
1998 Wrangler- {sigh} 10MPG

Anybody have an extra bicycle?

...........We really have to talk about the "Sucks to be old" part. Think of what these youngsters still have to face in their short lives! I'm glad I made it to here! It has got to be downhill now! (hehehe)

You are absolutely right!!! I was out of line with that comment. Other than the joints painin' me every now and then, it's really GREAT to be old!!!! (consider the alternative!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Anyway, relative to the thread......I am thankful (everyday!!!) for the company truck ('06 Ranger 4wd) AND the company gas card...........EARNED benefit (old IS good!!!)........when I see the gas prices, I just think "glad I'm not paying for this"............but still have to fill up the Jeep occasionally - and that really SUCKS!!!!! We all know it's all about greed.....a trait we all need to avoid, tho' I know it's hard.

I have fought hard not to ride my Harley in the cold....I am what you all call a fair weather rider, if it isn't at least 70 degrees theres no way my fat a** is going to get on a bike...well I broke down and bought my heated chaps yesterday...53MPG is better than 16...the ole girl has taken her last trip to work this spring and summer.

P.S. this mornings ride into work...sucked rocks! heated uppers and lower leathers doesn't stop 22 degrees wind!

Back