K&N FIPK for a YJ?

CTJeeper

I see K&N FIPK air filters for 4.0L TJ's all the time, but have yet to see one that says it can be used on a YJ. Anybody know if you can use the TJ Kit for a 91 YJ with the same engine? If not, anybody know why? [addsig]

I too have been wanting a K&N set up and all I can find is the replacement filter by them to fit the factory box. I think K&N is just missing a large part of the Jeep market by not fitting the older jeeps. I am sure with a bit of work you could retro fit the thing. but the cost who would want to go to the trouble? Tug[addsig]

you could custom fab some things for the K&N but isn't the YJ airbox on the drivers side rather than the passenger side? If so I would try to order an open cone and custom fab a shield and keep the stock tubing or use some PVC piping... The only big thing i worry about custom stuff is if you live in CA with all the CARB rules and if they can consider it 50 state legal... State Troopers don't like aftermarket crap
image-missing.png
[addsig]

even easier cut the 90 degree elbow of your old intake hose go to advance auto by one for a honda civic APC Intimidator 49.99 comes with filter, tube a cool looking hose for your breather put the 90 in the polished aluminum tube use the reducer that comes with the intake for a tighter seal put a little silicone where they come together to be on the safe side 15 min later wola intake wich you can lay over the motor or put up forward like factory, mine is up forward because of the inlet peice for the factory air box works somthing like a ram air when filter is buted up next to, the filter i kinda cheap though but its a high flow cone filter, or just by an airaid filter cheaper and better than K&N according to a review i read in sport compact mag.[addsig]

They do?>! illl have to check that out thanx.[addsig]

Back