Lifts

jacob123

I was told by a friend's dad that my 04 TJ Unlimited was not a 4 inch lift, but instead a 2 inch lift, on the fact that all of my brake lines and such are the stock, as they would need to be re-run for a 4 inch. He said the way my lift works currently is a "plug" that sits on top of my spring, making the car sit higher. he said I would need to buy extension for the brake lines, as well as a 3" "plug" instead, but it would be relatively inexpensive. Is this information correct, and if so where might I be able to find these?

This 'plug' he refers to is a coil spring spacer, commonly called a 'budget boost' because it's an inexpensive way to gain some tire clearance.

You don't want to go any higher on the plugs, you will want a spring kit to go to 4" high. Most 4" kits are pretty complete, I just installed a 4" Rough Country kit on a '04 Unlimited, kit ran around 499 and was well worth it.

So I have been looking around, and just curious, and I couldn't even find coil spacers that would provide a 4 inch lift. and I'm just conveying what I have heard. I'm trying to get in touch with the guy I talked to, to clarify a few thing, and I will get back with what I found.

Back