MJ or XJ Renix to Chrysler

TXMJPUNISHER

I'm new to the JEEP thing...I'm slowly finding out all the little worms in my truck. I recently sold my Suzuki Samurai and bought a 1989.5 Jeep Comanche. The previous owner did lots of work on it and upgraded many items. What he did: Rubicon 5.5" lift, 8.8 conversion, taurus 2spd fan, 4.10 gears, msd ignition and wires, 33" tires, 3 row rad and conversion to new style cooling setup. What I've done: 2000 Grand Brake booster and Master, brake proportioning valve, Hi-Flow water pump, Hood vents. I've purchased a few parts which I haven't had the time to install which include: 95' ax-15 bellhousing, shift fork, throwout bearing, slave cylinder. My current major issue is starting and wiring. I was used to my old samurai which fired up with a blip of the key. I get in my Comanche and sometimes it takes up to 2 mins to finally get it started. It has new injectors, new fuel pump. I also have problems with my fuse box as fuses burn up and fall out. I'm constantly having issues with my blinkers and wipers as the fuses will become loose and not make contact. Everything I've read has leaned toward getting away from the Renix Computer and wiring. I ordered a harness from J&W auto wreckers in California. I also have a 94 intake and throttle body, distributor, rotor, and cap. I also have crank position sensor, cam sensor, and coil. Has anyone done the conversion to the Chrysler computer and harness. If anyone has please drop me a line and give me any insight as to what size of Pandoras Box I'm about to open. I'm going to do Engine Harness and Dash Harness.

I am changing right now, I will get back to you as soon as I am done. I can tell you it is ALOT of wiring changes.

Back