Motocraft 2150

avyoung

I have finally decided to dump my Weber. My Jeep just wont run when it is cold. What I need is some more info on what 2150's come on. I called a few wrecking yards and the only person that thought he had one said I would need to come poke around because he was not sure what they came on. I have printed a picture of what it looks like but if I can get an Idea of what they came on and were the 2150 is stamped on the carb so I make sure I get the right one.

Check FSJ's like Wagoneer and J10, J20, etch. Ford Pinto's, and many other Ford applications.

Just about any ford V6 and V8 will have a MC21XX on it. Mine came off of an 83 granada. Just ask for a ford 2 barrel and you'll probably get the right one. I have a weber and a MC and actually like the weber better. The MC was a lot cheaper but the weber has a lot more power. Have you tried rebuilding your weber and tuning it? Changed your timing any? Did any kind of ignition upgrade? I LOVE my weber and the way it roars when you floor it. The MC21XX carbs are a ton better than the carter POS but they're no weber when it comes to performance.....

The ones I found didn't have 2150 stamped on the carb. All they had was a tag with a number to cross to whatever year, motor, and vehicle type it came from. If you stick to the early 80s and a small V8, you should be ok. Like wm69 said, some V6 motors had them too. Look for an early 80s 302 and it will have one.

I picked up my carb and rebuild kit today. Now I need to order the adapter and get it rebuilt. I hope to get it running soon. I have not been able to drive my Jeep much this winter.

I wish you better luck than I had. I tried for 2 weeks to get the 2150 running right and finally sold it on ebay and put the Weber back on. It may have been that the carb was too worn out to be rebuilt. Whatever it was, it had to be something strange on mine because I've heard too many that swear by that swap.

I just finished rebuilding my new Carb. It is pretty simple. I ended up taking it apart then taking it to a small local shop and they soked it over night for me. It was a lot better than anything I could have done. I am now just waiting for my adapter to come so I can install.

Can anyone tell me how to hook up the anti-diesel solinoid. Does it just need a constant run to it or what? Or do I even need it on there?

It is on the drivers side. It has an electrical attatchment and a solenoid that looks like it pushes on the throttle assy. In a write up I have they call it an anti diesel solenoid. In the diagram that came with by rebuild kit id does not show it so I am not sure if I need it or not.

If I do need it I need to know what kind of power to run.... Constant, switched, or something else.

That's for your AC. You don't need to hook it up. I have AC on my jeep and didn't hook it up and everything works fine.

Well I just finished installing the Motorcraft on my jeep. It definatly doesn't run any worse than the Weber. The real test will be tomarrow morning.

I think it started better on the first start up then my Weber ever did when the jeep was cold.

Back