My "jeep chick" status didn't work for me today.

So I go to my local Lentz muffler today when I got out of work to get and estimate and see what the problem is with my muffler. Keep in mind that I looked like shit coming from work, and I already fixed my door, so I didn't need to do the whole flirting bit. Right away he starts telling me he can give me a deal, he's in a good mood, my lucky day, yada yada yada. Another guy pulls my jeep in and hoists it up. Comes back in and tells the guys I need a new muffler, tailpipe, and converter. I'm bummed because I was hoping the converter was bad and so that's what I said, "It's bad too?" He goes, "No, it's not there." Someone before me had soddered a pipe in. So now I can't get it fixed there because they can't do it legally without putting that in too. They told me $260 for all of it, which surprised me because I thought converters were a lot more, but still, I'm not paying that. So back to the other guy. We go outisde and start wheelin and dealin. He lowers my jeep and looks at my Nascar stickers and we start talking about my Man Dale Junior and anyway...he thinks I'm the coolest chick on earth. We talk about football and Harleys and he's trying to get me to have him fix it for cash on his day off. Well I don't have any cash right now, so I say that I can't do that for a couple of weeks and I'm gonna check prices of people that can do it for free since I can't even legally repair it now. He starts asking about me being married, no, but single, also no and tells me that I should go home talk to my b.f. and talk to him about what I should do. I was like Woah Woah Woah....this is MY jeep, MY money, MY title, MY decision. He told me he respected a girl who can stand on her own two feet, who's independent, who jeeps, etc. He offered me a 96 Camaro in place of the jeep, because he's now thinking about buying it. I don't want a Camaro. OH AND GET THIS....I'm not sure how many of you know how old I am...but he was WAAAAAAAAY off base. Here is my website Tell me how old you guys think I am and then I'll tell you what he said. He's a fellow jeeper at least (he has two) and he was real cool until he told me how old he thought I was. And he wanted me to pay $200 cash for him to fix it on a day off. The muffler is only 70 and so i'd be paying almost for a converter I never got (legal $260). I guess I expected much better results being a jeep chick....hmmm

edited by: fourwheelinhoney, Apr 01, 2003 - 07:54 PM[addsig]

We are sorry, your request has caused an error. Please press back on your browser and try again.[addsig]

what does the closest guess win? by the way... ;-) :-D [addsig]

I'm 18. He thought I was 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, when you're underage, looking a little older is cool...but to look 8 years older? What am I gonna look like when I am 26? 35? Oh my god, this guy totally gave me a complex. [addsig]

Oh, and then I had a volleyball/playoff tournament in which I got smoked.
I don't want to sound like a drama queen, but it has been a rough day. I just don't know how I am suppose to react to this whole older than your age/if you sleep with me, I'll fix your jeep thing. This is all a little too new to me.[addsig]

Don't trust him, sounds like a slimeball to me. I figured around 20/21. Good luck with the muffler, just had mine repaired.
Wride.[addsig]

A muffler should only cost $25 at most shops and you can do it yourself in less than an hour.[addsig]

Hey Sammy rather than the big business muffler shops hit a couple of the small Mom and Pop garages and you will get a much better deal. Not to mention the local business owner will be ez to impress with you Jeep Chick style. Check around and may be you will do good. Tug[addsig]

Scrap the whole system and weld in a straight pipe......lol
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Mom and Pop places can't even fix a muffler without a converter can they? I'm worried about getting another creeep who thinks I'm waaaaay older than my age!
I'll have to check around for parts this weekend. Unfortunately there aren't too many mom and pop parts places around here like back home. At home they swindle deals with ya, now we have these fancy autozones and advanced auto parts :-( What happened to all the parts stores where everyone walks in and knows the owner by his first name and he knows exactly what they need for what kind of make/model and year?[addsig]

I had a 85 ranger in high school, it cost me 70 for a muffler and prebent tailpipe installed. It was quiet and all, if you like that. That setup only lasted me a couple weeks, whacked a few rocks on the new exhaust, that took care of it pretty fast.[addsig]

when i walk into autozone, they have my '93 jeep wrangler 4.0 already up on the computer. then Ben, Geno, Dale, Glenn, Dave, or any of the other friendlies will say "what did you break on the jeep this time snitt?"
..when an exhaust goes to sh!t, that is when it becomes time to get creative... heck... that goes for any part on the jeep. I'm sorry I can't really give much advice, everything I could have said is already posted.... except for "I wish you the best there"[addsig]

oof... that sucks... i always figured you were older anyways... the whole "this is me and my jeep at college" led me to beleive you were closer to 20. anyways... i'm 18 too...

if i were you i'd just fix the stupid thing yourself... buy a new muffler and clamp it on and such... tailpipes are probably pretty cheap too. i just cut my tailpipe off so that it doesn't bend down like it did before, plus it was rusty at the very end... it looks more rugged now :)[addsig]

Ya know...there's all types of currency out there. :lol: I'm sure dingus' wallet is buldging... :lol: :lol: :lol: [addsig]

Back