Need help d44

kingmega

Just picked up an 01 wrangler that has a rear ford 8.8 and from what i can tell a dana 44 front which im assuming came from a ford bought it at an auction so have no info from previous owner it has a broken left alxe at ujoint i need new axle but not sure how to find one have no idea what the diff came from and if it has been cut down and shortening any help or info would be great

What makes you think the front is a d44?

Most who swap an 8.8 in the rear keep the stock D30 front axle. Are you able to post pics?

Pics image.jpg

I cant seem to get more pics to load it has a 5 x 5.5 bolt pattern and manual locking hubs

Actually nothing attached there came out of earily 80's grand wagoneer the rear also thought it was an 8.8 cause it had disk but i only took Quick glance

There's something bolted to the top of the steering knuckle where a high-steer arm would normally be.

And they forgot to install the dust shields for the rotors. Wagoneer's use cheap tin but find some from a GM 10 bolt or d44 as they're very thick steel.

I think ur seeing the top bolt of the caliber there r two studs on top of the spindle its a weird set up i was only able to identify it by the numbers on ring gear the bom numbers were grinded off made a call to westcoast differential they said d44 5:59 ratio identified it as wagoneer by measurement of axle shaft

Its sitting on 38in boggers with really tiny ujoints

Never heard of the 5.59 gear ratio, definitely not a stock ratio. I run a Waggy front d44 with 5.38 gears and have never seen a steering knuckle like that. Can you take a closer pic? I'm just curious is all.

Sure can i'll get it asap it is a weird one could not narrow it down to an exact year 5.59 is what came up and appears to have yukon locker never ran yukons has a y Machined into it so it is just a guess axle is on its way don't like the tiny ujoints though

Im not sure how i got the one pic on here i think im doing something wrong cant get any other pics to upload

Ok the studs for a high-steer arm is what I was seeing on top of the knuckle. Pretty slick you've got two flat-top knuckles just screaming for a high-steer setup. The passenger side flat-top is a little more rare than the DS.

Back