Need help!

jeep_tj

I am a soldier that is deployed right now and will be home soon. The issue that I have right now is that my jeep will not start. I had my wife started the other day and it did not crank over. She also had my friends from work stop by and see if they could start it, but not luck. My buddy said that the jeep would just click and that is it. It would not even crank over. The jeep was working just fine before I left. They did hook it up to jumper cables to see if maybe a jump would help but still not luck. Just a click, not crank. Whats the deal? Man the jeep was just fine and now this. Could it be the starter? Please if you all can help that would be cool. The jeep is a 2002 jeep TJ.

it needs a new battery or a full charge. the battery is low enough that just hooking jumpers isn't going to start it.

it needs a new battery or a full charge. the battery is low enough that just hooking jumpers isn't going to start it.
Leaving the jumper cables hooked up for about 20 mins with the jumping car running may charge it enough to get it to crank.
Also Thanks for serving the U.S.!!!

click means the solenoid primary is getting juice to pull in the contacts, but the big amps aren't there (secondary) to turn the starter motor against load.

could be a low battery (most likely if it hasn't been run regular) or a bad connection on the big wire will do that.

I'd start with removing and cleaning the battery connections.

Good call. On occasion I've found an almost "greasy" gray corrosion before. I'm not sure EXACTLY why it was there, but it stops electricity dead. Everyone I came across that had it, didn't really notice that it was on there because I looked like a normal terminal. Make 'em shine before you rule it out.

Back