Need quick help for flexalite installl!!!

beachjeep

OK, I have taken off the shroud, clutch and blade (trying to prepare for install) - now I am down to the water pump pulley - It has four bolts sticking out of it. What do I do with those? Just reuse the same nuts and tighten them up or do I have to take off the pulley and do something else.

Thanks guys.

Just tighten the nuts down to keep the pulley attached. May need a washer under each nut if there is a shoulder on the bolt. Just make sure the pulley is bolts in tightly.

Thanks, that what I thought. Got it today and installed in about 1 1/2 hours.

image-missing.png

Wow! That looks nice! Good Job. Get some conuit (platic or metal cover) and cover those wires up and it wil be even better.-al

It's called wire loom. Helps prevent a grounded wire too! Good job beachjeep!

Just preformed the same mod. Just wish I could get my engine running. Definitly put those wires in some loom, looks better and prevents wear on the wires. Let us know how much of a difference it makes. Keep on Jeepin.
Vavs

THanks everyone. I am really pleased with the outcome. I drove it yesterday afternoon after installing and the first thing I noticed was the noise. Seemed to operate quieter overall. As far as the power difference, I think it did help some in the midrange area. A little quicker on the throttle and a little more getup and go. Well worth the money and have no complaints. FYI - if you want to do this mod go to RUstys Offroad - they were $50 lower than summit racing ( found this after I ordered mine).

Will definitely get those wires covered up too -thanks for the suggestion.

I wired it with the thermostat control - (that is built in) and I also have the toggle switch to turn it on at anyime or off at any time. its a real nice setup and very easy to wire. Gives you complete control over the operation if you want it.

Sweet! I've been looking into something that's easy to install. Lookin' good man!

I think I'm going to install the 2-speed Taurus fan since it can be had for under $50 and is a good fit. Thing I like is being able to stand on the front axle to work on the 4banger, lift makes it harder to simply lean over the fenders anymore :lol:

I was going to go with the taurus fan but 33 amps continuos when running is what I didnt like. I though a higher amp alternator may have been in order. The flexalite only draws 9 amps. Didnt know I could stand on the front axle - Ill have to try that :)

Can you say "toy boat"

Avegae current draw of the Ford Taurus 2-speed fan:
Low speed:
Inrush current ~ 30A
Steady state ~ 11A

High speed:
Inrush current ~ 75A
Steady State ~25A

The low speed is probably comparable to the Flexalite, so 11A isn't bad. For that matter 25A isn't either. I'll be installing the 136A NipponDenso alternator soon, the one that's a direct bolt-in. Yard near me has them for $45 each, can't beat it for twice the output of my 70A unit.

Alright you got me, didnt think about the 2 speeds and the different draw. I guess I was looking for the easiest install with proven reliability. My qualm with the taurus fan or aftermarket fans is the thermostatic control and the type of thermostat used (push through the core) or flexalite makes one that actually inserts into the radiator inlet tube. The flexalite has a built in thermostat that rests up against the radiator core and all the parts are replaceable to include the blade, motor, and thermostat...so if anything goes I can just replace one component. If you do the tuarus fan install let us know how it goes. I can defininely feel the increase in throttle response with the conversion. No matter which way you go its a great mod. Gonna keep the mech fan with me when going offroad just in case.

Back