New Jeep Willys Edition

I Dooooooooooooooooon't like it.

I understand the thought behind it. But it merely is a play on the real jeep of the past to entice more sales. Harley Ford truck........ :roll: It's not a real tribute. Unfortunately they can't make a real tribute anymore. Too much "Safety" and "Convenience" stuff.

just buy it, flat fender it, take the roll-bar off, and put non-directional military tires on it. Little wider but it is a Willy's

Well, with a bigger engine. Then again what isn't bigger than the "Go-Devil"

theres one on ebay for 20k brand new. I think its cool just needs some mods and a different color soft top eew

just a different paint job on what I have and no Ecco Rims.

I think it is funny that the Sticker in the Window says "2004 Model Wrangler X"

Keeping in touch with their past? Since when has Benz had a "past" with Jeeps?

Oh, that's right, when they bought the name.

Just remember, when Willy's and Ford where churning out military "jeeps" and sending them to the line, Mercedes was making kugelwagens or whatever the hell they called those things that they sent to the battlefield. It's nice to see that a company that was the complete opposite of willys will now have the opportunity to cash in on America's history. Maybe the next thing will be a Pearl Harbor Edition Forerunner?

My .02

Hey this is the second time that a German company has owned Jeep.........right

Kaiser-Frazer was an American company, if that's what you're referring to. I'm not griping because Jeep's parent company is Benz, what I'm saying is that it's kind of a slap in the face making a special edition willys model. Like I said........just my .02.

Maybe I'd be happier if they marketed it as the "Jeep that beat the crap out of our kugelwagen" edition. :lol:

OK that's cool. I had heard that Kaiser was a German company. Yeah at least benze remebers their roots on who whiped their asses :lol:

I also agree that it is ironic that a german company now owns jeep, but we need to stop with refering Mercedes to the Nazis party because World War 2 ended 60 years ago. Besides, Germany was the most technologically advanced country during World War 2, and today makes some of the finest cars in the world. I still will always take a jeep over a tureag or however you spell it, but its nice to know that a company like Jeep is owned by a corporation with one hell of a revenue.

With the Willys edition, i think it is a fun-hearted project, but i they should make more Rubicons instead, and not waste their time!!!!

I totally agree with u phiambo01tj about German engineering. They really do make some stuff that lasts and they are way up on technology . In fact my other dream automobile beshides my Jeep is a Porsche 911 twin turbo (yeah will see if that every happens :lol: )

How much did you say the Willy's edition is going for?! My '93 has steel wheels and camo seats. All i need is the rocker gaurds and I have a Willy's without the badge. Sounds like a rip to me. But it is still nice to see Benz at least acknowledging Jeep's past. Just think, if they still hated the US they'd stop Jeeps all together not add to the line up.
Mike

Porsche 911 turbo, yes. :twisted: i think i would kill myself the first time out driving one of them.

I knew someone that rolled a Porsche 911 C4 (twin turbo all wheel drive.) Pretty hard to do but that is what happens when you go 100 mph down a tight canyon and your wheel seperated. That is why I stick to my jeep that will only go 65 if there is a steep hill to go down.

How about the green cj7

The disturbing thing is that people would probably buy it.

Took a look at the pic on Ebay last night. As it is with those wheels and tires, it doesn't look that great. But I got to thinking about how it would look with a little lift, some black wheels and some 32s or 33s underneath it and I gotta say, it might actually look pretty good.

look just like the one you have, only in Green. It is a 2004 Wrangler X

Back