New Rubi

As some of you may recall, last winter I was run over by an old woman in a VW Bug at work. Well, last month work comp settled, and this week her insurance company settled. I took part of the money and went shopping. I had planned to buy a couple of little things for the YJ like new bumpers and a winch, but dang if I didn't end up buying a new Rubicon!:shock: It's metal-flake green (I know, I'm not real keen on that color, but the price was right and the only one they had at the time) with blue and white pin striping down the side from the front fender flares to about the back of the door. It's already got a decent set of rock bumpers and swing-out tire carrier, as well as a winch, so I guess I did sorta get what I started off for. After doleing out the cash, it went straight to the shop for a 5.5" RE Long Arm Lift Kit and 35's. Man, I'm psyched!!!! Can't wait to get it back and give it a spin off road!

I've got some before pics that I'll upload later, along with some after pics when I get it back. I have to keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!!!:p

Re: New -

Man, Sparky, congrats are in order!!!! (Mudwoman says congrats, too, and is wondering what Sunshine thinks of all this). And I'll let you know I'm quite jealous. Does this mean that, now that you are in the "upper class", you won't be interested in renting our little double-wide in the mountains???:lol: :lol:

Again, congrats, and post up those pics!!! When we come to visit......can I drive it??????

Hoping my post doesn't get lost,
your friend mud

YOu didn't trade the YJ in did you? Why the downgrade :twisted: ?

By the way, a post like this without pics is just plain WRONG!!!!!

You'd better get right on that Mr!

Hi sparky.... um... he he... what'cha gonna do with the old Jeep? You know some less fortunate people don't have jeeps 'specially rubi's.... I am green with envy... I'm sure if you look south in the night's sky and that green glow is me... No... no.... i'm really happy for you, 'cept fer the getting run over and all

Picked up the Rubi today and took it out to the river for a few shots. My camera crapped out on me, so I had to go back home and get my brother's cell phone to get this shot:

Rubi161-3.jpg

Crappy resolution, but what do you think?

Last edited:

Picked up the Rubi today and took it out to the river for a few shots. My camera crapped out on me, so I had to go back home and get my brother's cell phone to get this shot:

Crappy resolution, but what do you think?

where is the pic?

Wow sparky, i'm real jealous. My settlement is going to make a real nasty XJ. What are you doing with the White Beast

Can't wait to see more pics with better resolution .

I'm up for baby sitting the "white Beast" have penty on the drive way and in the shop for it to sleep at night ;)

Har Har Sparky...

For a second I was thinking "Wow, Sparky is really going to get to see another side of wheeling..."

Now I'm thinking "Wow, Sparky sucks."

Back