nice scrambler for 4G!

JackedUpJohn

1983 CJ-8 Jeep Scrambler

this is NOT my ad.. i dont know the owner... i just figured that someone here could use a scrambler for 4 grand.

"I have a 1983 Jeep Scrambler for sale. I-4 "Iron Duke" motor, T-5 trans, Dana 300 t/c, AMC 20 rear axle, Dana 30 front axle, 2-3" body lift, Warn hubs, 100K miles. Clean Ohio title. Scramblers are harder to find every year and this is a pretty good one, but not perfect. Most are either $15,000 totally restored or $1,500 totally rotted out. This is in the middle. It's not restored, but it is road worthy, can be driven home, starts everytime. I just spent $730 on new front brakes(pads, rotors, calipers and lines) and a new front axle U-joint. It's got some rust, but the frame's pretty good and you're not going to put your foot through the floorboards. New 31x10.50 R15 Buckshot Mudder tires on new Pro Comp 15x8 black steel wheels. Hard top and hard doors, soft half doors and bikini top. Rear swing out spare tire carrier with good full-size spare. Hefty aftermarket front and rear steel bumpers. New seat covers. Rhino-lined interior. Everything works except a few dash gauges/lights/stuff. The heat and fan work but I had the cable disconnected because I couldn't turn it off and it's summer. The odometer JUST, on 6/24/08 hit 99999.9 miles and is stuck AND I CAN PROVE IT!!!.

This is ready to wheel OR ready to restore. Or you can just drive it to work everyday. Would make a killer hunting vehicle too. I'm selling because I just don't drive it much and have lost the desire to build it up. I have many more pics that I can send. May consider trades for a nice golf cart or 4x4 ATV. Call Ben at (513)720-1510 LM, or e-mail. Copy e-mails to 2nd e-mail address, bmeyer@andersontownship.org."

little pricey. member of my club just bought a complete original V8, 5spd CJ8 for 2,000, all it needs is some new floor boards in the rear, a new fender up front and some paint and it will be in great shape. Even had a new set of 31" tires on it.

Maybe it's just different parts of the country.

seems like a good deal to me considering they made less than 30,ooo of these awesome rides... my cousin had one in the early 80s and i bet he misses it.

when i read the ad, i understood this one has a 4 cylinder ...

"I-4 "Iron Duke" motor,"

oh i c nevermind you are talking about the reply....

if i had 4 grand i would have snatched this baby up so fast. the guy even had this scrambler up for trade for a 4wheeler or a golf cart!

lol

Last edited:
Back