noob from pc beach

anarchyfor2

Hey All, thanks for having me!!! I have finally PUrchased my first jeep this week, it is a 89 wranglerhope to have pics up soon. i live in panama city beach, FL and i can think of no better vehicle to have here than my jeep. i am a newby to this forum and to jeeps, and my vehicle will need a little TLC....so if any of you have ideas or suggestions for things i should start off with, please send them my way. i am going to attempt the herculiner this weekendfor my interior with the article here. cross your fingers. anyway, thanks again, and if your ever in the area, lmk and ill buy you a beer....please not everybody show up at once.

Welcome to the "Z"!!!! And to the jeepin' life in general! Our suggestions will all kinda depend on what you want to do with your new baby - they are THE most versatile vehicles in the world. Just stick around, think about what you wanna do with it (i.e.: rock crawlin', mud slingin', bling-blingin', daily drivin', etc..................or a combination of all), and then ask away. Wide variety of experience, knowledge, skill, and humor here - all with a common bond --- our love of Jeeps!

well, doubt ill be doin any rock climbing, but ill be taking down the beach, and to the huntin camp, so mud and sand are in the future for sure, went and got the herculiner kit today, so that will be first on the list, i guess next will be a lift and a new front and rear bumper. here a few questions i have so far.....

1. my jeep has 31 tires now, but i would like to get 35's what direction should i go as far as a lift, did the 31's fit under the stock frame or do i have a small lift already.
2. my jeep squats in the front, im sure they make a leveling kit, what would you guys suggest?
3. i like the tubular bumpers, what and where do you recommend to get these?

thanks again for all the help!!!!

1. You'll need a lift for the 35s, but the 31s should have fit without a lift
2. If you lift your jeep for the 35s, this should fix itself. I be you have the stock suspension on there.
3. try Muddy Rocks Offroad - the guys there are great (and they are a sponser here). If they can't help you, try Quadratec and 4wd.com

Welcom to Jeepz!

When you're working on the Herculiner project, make sure to spend a LOT of time on the prep work. I've read time and time again that the final result is in direct relationship to the amount of preparation (sanding, cleaning, masking, etc.). Those that skimped on the preparation paid for it after the project was done with less than ideal results. Be thorough and basically a perfectionist if you're looking for a good result that won't peel or flake off the tub surface.
Finally, remember... :thisthreadisworthle

Back