Opinions on performance chips for xj's?

TonyInKS

Hi guys, I'm considering buying a chip to put in my '94 XJ, 4.0, 4x4, anyone have any experience with performance chips for xj's? The only upgrading I've done to it is putting a new high flow cat on with a Flowmaster 40, but plan on adding a cold air intake as well, and reading reviews of the chips sound like they're an easy way to add some good power and boost mpg's as well, but I'm leary of stuff like chips, so if you've had one, or have one in now, would you recommend buying one? Also tips regarding what brand to get would be highly appreciated as well. Thanks guys/gals:) By the way, the one I'm looking at is the SLR Motorsports chip, it's only $69 plus shipping, and they "claim" that it can add 50+ HP, 50+torque and save 3-6 mpg's.

50 hp. I think someone fudged their numbers. Might see 5 hp.

Yeah, I'm not counting on getting 50 HP, lol, but if I could get 5-10 I think I could justify spending the $70, I just don't have any experience with "chips", some people say they're awesome while others say they're just a waste of money

No way on the 50 hp!!would go with a superchip works on all 4.0 and will see a big power gain only thing since you dont have abs cant fix tire size if you have it lifted!can advance timing and do alot of other options you will spend a little more but you get what you payfor!!!!!!!!

ok now what would a guy like me with a 90 5-speed 2.5L do lol nobody loves the 2.5L and it makes me sad ... oh well i guess if i want fancy toys i gotta go buy a 4.0 xj

nO WAY BRO A JEEP IS A JEEP AND A TOY IS A TOY I KNOW THE 4 CYL ISNT MUCH JUST THROW SOME GEARS IN IT AND THERE U GO !!!

Back