Painting/Lining Jeep

prariepunk

Well hello there boys & girls. It's been a minute but I'm back. One of the places that I work has a spray gun that they spray rustoleum out of & I was wondering if rustoleum would protect the underside of my Jeep or is it just another paint?
What preperations would I need to do to Herculine the inside? I know sand & clean REALLY good but what about priming & the such... I want it to last & be protected.

I've done 3 or 4 CJs & a YJ with Hurculiner & have been happy with the results. The kit comes with prep instructions but basically you scuff the surface & then clean it with acetone. Be sure to roll the Hurculiner on so the it covers evenly & dab with a brush where the roller can't reach so you get no brush strokes. Oh and yes Rustoleum is just an enamel paint.

If you don't have any rust (you probably shouldn't in your 05) then just do what Tom said. If you've got rust in your tub then I'd sand away any rust and coat the inside with POR 15, then Herculiner.

Keep in mind Terry I do live in OH :/ there's spots of surface rust on the outside & some inside too :(

Back