PLEASE HELP FAST FRONT END PROBLEMS

ajfrank43

I just put on my lift kit yesterday and I'm getting some really bad shacking coming from the front end. It's so bad at times I have to stop driving. It seems to only happen at lower speeds. The lift is from TeraFlex mfg. 4in long arm kit. I also installed the front and rear adjustable track arms. I have not installed the long arms yet. I don't know what to do and it really sucks. PLEASE HELP ME. :-? :-? :-? :-? [addsig]

Did you get the front end lined up after the lift? I am not a TJ person but I can at least try to help eh? Tug[addsig]

Umm, install the long arms!!!! Your suspension geometry is way off, need longer lower arms. Have an alignment afterwards. Make sure the control arms and track bars are tight, real tight.[addsig]

would i be way off base to ask if your balljoints are worn?.........odax :-? [addsig]

oh yea , what abiut the steering damper is it old or worn out. ........replaced mine before the lift because of the same problem havent had any problems sense......... :cool: [addsig]

No man my jeep is less than a year old. I had it aligned but the funny thing is after I wrote the post I went out and checked it all out. I found out on my front adjustalbe track barone of the middle bolts that keeps it all tight was way loose :-D . Also when the driver side wheel was completely straight the passenger side was toed in way bad. So the next day it was a fixed up. Thanks guys for your interest in helping me :-D

Also Bounty Hunter, why do you say I need longer lower arms when alot of lifts don't even come with longer lower control arms?[addsig]

Back