problum with steering in 4wd

heepjeep

When I put my 95 yj in 4 high it wants to start swaying around pulls back and forth was wonding if it would be my brakes draggin causing the jeep to swich the drive power back and forth between the frount tiers or maybe even the wheel bearing. Manual steering. Dose not do it till I put in 4wd.

I would think if a break was dragging you would have a definite pull when in two wheel drive also.

Is this hapening on hard packed ground with good traction? Maybe more so when your turning a corner? If so, then it's natural. When you turn a corner the front wheels are turning a longer arc than the rear therefore trying to catch up with the rear. If it does it going in a straight line, Are your tires all the same size? If not that would make it do it. ARE YOU POSITIVE that your gear ratios are the same front and back?

Road where ice. Ill check more in to it and keep info all stock so nuttin was messed with haven't had it vary long. Think your right about it being natral. Ps I can't spell for crap lol

Did you buy the Jeep used? Make sure it has the same axle ratio in both axles, and same size tires at each corner.

Back