Repairable?

kis86

Found this at a repairable place...think it could be fixed...what would it need? :?|

It's at a very good price so it might be worth fixing if it's possible.

Attachments

• jeepd.jpg
    jeepd.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 270

If your doing it yourself, your gonna need a Welder. That whole corner and side panel is replacable. it's probably gonna need more than that though since we can't see whats behind and under the panel.

its hard to say from a pic. to me it looks to need drivers quarter, tail light, licence plate mount, rear bumper. also there is probly damage to the inner floor. by the looks of the nerf also might be some frame damage. cant tell from pic but tank if collsion damaged that. i would say that it is worth fixing if the price is good. would need some work though.

would be alot of work.Check the gas tank to see if it is also messed up.Also noticed the top has a rip in it,will need fixed or replaced.Check the frame to see if it is straight.If the frame is messed up will need to to find a shop to straighten it out.When i wrecked my pick up years ago what i did was donate my vehicle to the local Tech high school.I supplied all the parts and the teacher and kids fixed it.

Replaced the whole front end,fenders,hood,grill,radiator.Straighten out my frame then to top it all off painted the whole truck for the cost of the paint.

From the looks of the crossmember, the impact was above the frame.

If it's gonna be a trail rig, get some heavy trail corners to cover the damage.

If the frame is straight and nothing is seriously wrong, I would buy it, pull out as much as possible, touch it up, and put some money in it to wheel with. Then again, I don't care about cosmetics. :MDB2:

from someone who has just recently put together a rolled jeep this is WAY more work then you think. You can try to pull and cover with corner armor but this damage is going to be spread through spots you dont expect. even though those doors close, it doesnt mean they are square, put another set of doors on and you will see how badly the tub is warped. Any other "dents" you see around the jeep are really stress wrinkles and compression. since that is where your rear cage attaches most likely that is tweeked a little too and would line up simpy with a new tub.

That being sad, its very easy to fix if you can source a tub or are willing to take a ride out to daveysjeeps.com for one. Swapping tubs just takes time, patience, and a great labeling scheme. Its pretty much unplugging and removing everything then putting everything back in and re attaching everything. Easy right :)

Last edited:
here is what mine looked like when i got it

jeeptub-2.jpg

doesnt look that bad right, just a couple small dents? Wrong, not a single thing lined up.

Thanks for the input. It doesn't sound too daunting *crosses fingers*, mainly I was worried that the back side wasn't replaceable. Here's another pic...does the wheel look tweaked at all? I'm not sure, but I do know the fender flare isn't all the way attached so it might be the reason it looks funny.

Attachments

• jeepa.jpg
    jeepa.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 271
It's hard to tell on the pic.. one way to tell if the axle shaft is bent or the wheel, place it on jackstands and spin the wheel.look for a wobble.

Lol, maybe I could cover the damage with a bumper sticker and no one would notice...except for the wobbly wheel. Then I could just make sure I'm always on someone's left side so they don't see that, and so they don't get hit when it breaks and flies off:D

if you look along the lower edge of that rear window you can see it bowing a little, thats not impact damage, thats wrinkling. I wouldnt be suprised to see some sort of damage along that back side of the door where the striker is. Before you decide to buy it pull all the carpets out and look and the structural plates behind the outer sheet metal for movement. Id say go fo it with a tub swap or for a trail jeep but that tub will never be the same as stock. Not sure what the "good price" is but id say anything over $3700 and it may be more expensive to fix then to get a normal one once you get into it.

what is a tub...a frame? They have it priced at 3900, but that's always negotiable...we've bought from the place before. Could probably get it for 3200 or so.

The Tub is the Body where the seats are bolted on etc. the frame is where the body and suspension is attached to. it's a rectangular tube that runs from the front of the vehicle to the rear. A Crossmember is a Support between the two tubes(frame ) to keep some ridgidity to the structure.

Back