Ripoff retailer

Bobolink

I realize that this is not the usual post for a newcomer, and apologize for the length and also to anyone who finds it inappropriate.
I am the original owner of 1990 Comanche Pioneer, 4WD, heavy ton, auto. This post concerns owners of Comanches, Cherokees, Grand Chreokees, Grand Wagoneers, and Wranglers.
Last year, around the end of December, I made an online purchase from an outfit doing business as Kenosha County Classics. Their online store is reached via teamcherokee.com or teamgrandwagoneer.com. They sell aftermarket and some OEM Jeep parts and accessories, as I'm sure many on this forum know.
I specifically am posting today to tell you about my experience with this company concerning the above mentioned order. I have contacted the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau with my complaint, as I told Kenosha County Classics I would if they continued to ignore my inquiries. I also told Kenosha County Classics that I would do everything in my power to spread the word to the various Comanche/Cherokee communities and tell these community members about the lack of customer service and poor business practices.
It was a simple purchase, not much money involved. I paid them $39.95 plus shipping for a door lock and key set, one that they advertised as follows,
"Door Lock Cylinder Set Jeep Cherokee & Comanche 1984-1990
This is an set of Original Door Lock Cylinders With The JEEP LOGO On The Heads Of The Keys.
These Lock Cylinders Will Work For All Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Wagoneers & Comanches from 1984-1990.
These Locks Come with the Rubber Seals that Goes Between the Lock & The Door.
THESE COME CODED WITH KEYS & READY TO INSTALL!"
I have purchased cheap Chinese knock-offs of these locksets in the past, and they only lasted a couple of years, so I jumped at the chance to get a pair of "original door lock cylinders," or one that would at least be of OEM quality that would undoubtably serve me much longer.
This lockset arrived in the mail on Friday evening, January 3. The components are cheap, Chinese made reproductions, just like I am trying to replace. The keys are rectangular, not oval as shown in the picture, and only one of the keys is cut. You have to have the blank cut at your own expense if you want a second key. The company states on their website that they offer a 60 satisfaction guarantee, so on Monday, Jan 6, I sent an email, explaining my dissatisfaction with the quality of the product, and requested an RMA number for return of the item at my expense. They replied on Jan 8 with an RMA number, and link to a form that i was to fill out and incude with the return. I did so and returned it to them on Jan 13.
On Jan 28, I sent an email, that stated simply, "Good morning,
I am inquiring as to the status of my refund for the return of this item (a lock and key set, order number ____) which I returned to you two weeks ago yesterday. Thanks"
I got no response, nor did I get any response on four follow-up emails. They will not answer their phone or return my phone call when i leave a message. They have never answered my emails, they have not refunded my money. I find that there are several complaints over the past three years of people who have had the same issues with this retailer. They simply refuese to honor their refund policy, and ignore any attempts to contact them. I told Kenosha County Classics that I would tell every Jeep forum I could find about their attitude if they failed to at least afford the courtesy of a response. I've done that here.
Decide for yourself whether you ever want to do business with this company.

If you've complied with their refund policy then I'd give them a couple of days and do a charge-back with your credit card. Charge-backs are pretty painful for businesses - they not only loose your money, but they also get a $20-$30 charge from the card company (similar to a bounced check fee we'd get). Complaints are bad for bossiness long term, but charge-backs hurt the bottom line immediately.

Yeah, I've got my bank working on it now. It's been 6 weeks now, and they don't answer me or the BBB.

Last edited:
Back