shopping for tires

American_girl_728

i think i have good tires picked out but i have three 235's and one 225 on my xj right now and on tire websites it says stock is 205/75R15 so i have no idea what size tires i should get or if it even matters. i need help!

What do you want to do with your Jeep? Are you planning on going offroad at all (rocks / mud / sand), or are you just driving around town.

I'd say that if you like the look of the 235s, then stick with that. You don't have to keep stock size, in fact it's normal for people to go a bit larger. The size doesn't matter too much, as long as the tires fit (not too large), and they are all the same size.

well i plan on off roading a bit but since there is no ABS i want something with good grip so my brakes wont lock up when it rains or ever really lol im looking at general grabbers or something like that my bf wants me to get kumhos but idk how good those are. are generals good?

I'd ask around and see what fits with no lift. I think the 235's will rub the fenders. We had 235's on an XJ with 3" of lift and they looked just right.

it came with a 235 on one side and 225 on the other and as far as I can tell theres no rubbing. There is a 'popping' noise on the passenger side when we turn the wheel past a certain point, maybe its hitting?

yea I figured. I knew it had different tires but not different sizes. The jeep isn't going to be driven that much, shes going to save up and get some new tires :) thanks for the replies :D

I know several websites where you get an automatic invitation to join the band for pulling a bait and switch.

ok ok here you go:

image-missing.png

:purple:

yeah... that abercrombie knit top is my favorite bathing suit not too revealing and leaves an interesting tan line lol

i have to admit andy my dear you are amazing with photoshop lol

man is my jeep photogenic she is so pretty and white and every bit my dream car
:D

It means you get banned. We don't do it here for pulling a bait and switch, I was just messing around. You two are cute, a couple on a Jeep board. That's precious. :D

yay andy is only on the thread because most of the time idk what i am talking about but he drives a beemer.... spoiled brat lol jk

tires2-1.jpg

tires1-1.jpg

tires3-1.jpg

these are the tires i picked!

for the survey averages the scores ranged from 8.2-8.9 ( on a 1-10 scale) except on ice traction (7.6) which im sure i dont need to be to worried about in florida lol

only $92 a piece on tirerack.com

so are they good quailty wise because i have been told not. but i will mainly be driving on road and the occasional off road adventure lol :)

Back