Sick People in this world

ya, those tasers are bad. Me and some of my friends a while back zapt ourselves with one. I got myself in the thigh, fell on the ground and thought I was going to die!

I know you don't believe in guns but they do exist and usaully in the hands of the wrong person. My wife is not a huge fan of guns either, but she sleeps with my .40 cal by the bed when I'm gone. She had two guys looking through her apartment window several months before we got married. The cops did nothing. Get some mace, pepper spray, gun, or dog whatever makes you feel more secure. Just try and make the place somewhere that a criminal doesn't want to be. If you have to defend yourself pick something that doesn't require close contact to be effective.
I figure that if they can get through our wide open yard with a known to bite Weimeraner then past the locks into the house without alerting our vicious attack poodle, then they will have one of a dozen guns pointed at their "soon to be living the rest of their short life in agonizing pain", asses.

BDS Suspension lifts

what, when was mace made illegal?? I still see tons of people down here in Texas carrying it on their keychain, and seen it in many a stores....is that across the whole US or just some states??

it's mace that is illegal. What most people carry around like that is pepper spray (which isn't as powerful).

but is mace really illegal in all 50 states?? I know I have seen alot of mace, and yes it is mace not pepper spray....I remember getting shot with some one time on a dare and that stuff burned for like 45 minutes....I couldn't see anything for about 10 and after that it was all blurry....I see why it might be illegal, but I have never heard about this

I hate to rain on peps parade here but your missing one thing here...the legality of using deadly force against a non-agressive person.
The use of mace,knife,baseball bat or even a gun against a peepin-tom is assualt with a dealy weapon...and you will be charged!
Local laws strictly state when you can use deadly force against another person.
Many here will tell you if you decide to buy a personal defence type weapon either a gun or pepper spray take some time learning how to use it.
Also take a few moments and educate your self on your local laws of when you can use said devices. A mistake here could cost you your personal freedom.
And before you all flame me I own several class 3 weapons, 12 hand guns and have had a Carry Conceal weapons permit for over 14 years...and never had to pull mine in seld defence

Utah_jeepster said:
I hate to rain on peps parade here but your missing one thing here...the legality of using deadly force against a non-agressive person.
The use of mace,knife,baseball bat or even a gun against a peepin-tom is assualt with a dealy weapon...and you will be charged!
Local laws strictly state when you can use deadly force against another person.
Many here will tell you if you decide to buy a personal defence type weapon either a gun or pepper spray take some time learning how to use it.
Also take a few moments and educate your self on your local laws of when you can use said devices. A mistake here could cost you your personal freedom.
And before you all flame me I own several class 3 weapons, 12 hand guns and have had a Carry Conceal weapons permit for over 14 years...and never had to pull mine in seld defence

That's why you drag 'em in the house afterward!

just kidding, just kidding :roll:

in most states you are allowed to use deadly force to avoid loss of life (yours of anothers), serious bodily injury, rape, or protecting family.

utah is right on this one, if the clown is hanging out in your front yard i would not shoot. i wouldnt be too concerned with what happened, but what could have happened.

wow, after doing some research on maryland deadly force laws i have found out some interesting stuff about maryland. i will give you an example of how pennsylvania's laws work, and how maryland's laws work.

PA- intruder enters your home, you must warn said intruder that you are armed and he must leave your residence immediately. if the intruder does not, and you feel that your life is being threatened, or your family's life, or there is a threat of great bodily injury, dismemberment, rape, etc. you can use deadly force.

MD-same situation as above, you must make every attempt to LEAVE YOUR OWN RESIDENCE, and if the intruder is there to rob you, you can do nothing but leave. the only time that deadly force is allowed by law is when your life is in serious danger (and there can be no doubt about this, its your burden of proof).

so, with that said i vote for the rottweiler.

sorry for the hijack :?

Dang, look at all the posts here.

I have friends, two of them who have known neighbors that dead on shot a prowler or said peeping tom and did not get charged with anything. I know there are stories vice versa in MD too though. I think case to case it differs.

I'm uncomfortable here in my own home at night, that's all I know. The outer corner of my house and rear is pitch black and I am going to get some lights up there real soon.

I'm totally peeved at my landlord who did absolutly nothing when I reported the incident to him. He said he'd fix my punched in screen and he didn't. I asked for another deadbolt, he didn't install one.

I am going to do all this myself I suppose. I'm seriously considering a tazer JUST in case, and some mace.

I'm researching the dog idea too, and looking at all the aspects of having one here wether the landlord likes it or not.

Thanks for your support guys.
Heather

There are many gun owners who have had there own guns turned on them. The split second decision to take a life to save your own is not a decision faced my people in their day to day lifes. Since you dont believe if guns I am going to assume you dont believe in taking a life for any reason. So I agree with the others in finding a non lethal approach to protecting yourself and your property. I think you would be more likely to use a a non lethal weapon knowing that your not going to take a life to save your own. Be sure to get correct training on whatever you choose. Good luck and be safe.

Ahhh the good old "Peoples Republic of Maryland". One more reason to move up to PA!!! Thanks Jeep90 :wink:

I guess you can add a "throw down" to my last post.

Just kidding, just kidding.

LadyJeepFreak said:
Dang, look at all the posts here.
I'm uncomfortable here in my own home at night, that's all I know. The outer corner of my house and rear is pitch black and I am going to get some lights up there real soon.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles... it's a shame people have to deal with this kind of thing due to the laws.

Here just a suggestion: If you do installing outdoor lighting, keep in mind that the kinds of fixtures you use is important. Often, having an extremly bright light such as one of those typical cheapy high pressure sodium (HPS) or mercury vapor light fixtures could be bad since the intensity of the light actually creates bad shadows or "dark spots". this is mainly due to the high contrast between the bright light and the darkness. Stratigically placed lights of the appropiate lumen output will provide you with good illumenation while not creating dark spots where things can hide.

i'd investigate using metal halide or fluorescent flood light fixtures as they also have a much better color rendering index (CRI) than HPS or mercury and would help with quick identification of objects in your backyard.

This is just my opinion though. Sorry if I've rambled on too much...

Once again; good luck. I hope our lady Jeeper stays safe :mrgreen:
-Nick :!:

LOL I had to think hard how Tom in Md got in this conversation. Good Grief that was funny. I have so much on my mind with my neice, the prowler is on the side burner right now.

Nick, thats interesting advice since I know nothing of lighting. I am definatly going to do the lighting improvement though, so I will keep that in mind.

Twisted, People's republic of MD. lol Gotta love that one too. I can't believe you all have me laughing tonight.

Bounty, I couldnt see anything but the top of his head over the moonlight and the whites of his eyes. He was close shaven and I told the popo that much. My face was so close to his the features blurred and there was a screen in the way to help blur it.

I have been worried since but haven't had one sign of a problem so I think things are calmed down now. I'd imagine he's flushed out for now.

Thanks again everyone for your concern and ideas. I'll certainly be making some changes once I sit down and concentrate on this more and I'll take your advice into consideration.

Heather

Hey Tom I just had to throw that in and I knew you knew it was coming cause I get it all the time I am Joe Smoe.

Back