Skyjacker vs Rough Country

Sorry, I confused clyde and steady, if its only a few months I have no doubt they will make it right.

A few years is what I was referring to as far as consumables

I ran my 2.5" progressive rate springs for just over 2 yrs, I've now switched to 4" non-progressive springs, I spend over $1k a year on tires, so springs and shocks are cheap by comparison, I "cheerlead" for RC because they stand behind their products 100%, even when its user error they will usually replace a part. They pick up the phone when you call and almost always ship the same day, they don't degrade their customers and they don't treat you like an idiot (even when the mistake is mine, not theirs) so yes, I stand behind them and their products.

Heres what I know, It took three weeks after I placed the order to get the kit and now they wont answer emails and they certainly have not called and yes they have my phone number. I will be replacing the lift with something else and tell everyone I know how sorry they and their products are.

Sounds like a bad experience, one of very few I've heard of. I think if it was my money I would be way more proactive and not rely on email and waiting, I would be on the phone getting a resolution. You ordered from RC directly? I've never seen them take that long to ship anything.

I have a 4" RC kit. Installed in '08 with 12,000 miles. I now have 41,500+ miles and I don't have much to complain about. My only complaint is the rough ride and I do believe that comes with the territory.

RN, if you have the 2.2 shocks they are pretty rough, RC has some new shocks out, but I use Black Diamond and they are a world of difference from the 2.2s and more affordable than the RCs

My name is Bobby and I am a rough country customer. I feel like I'm in a support group, lol.

I have a 6" long arm kit on my 2005 LJ. I've had it for over 1 year. No problems with the kit. I follow them on Facebook and they are always helping their customers with "issues". It appears to me customer service is a priority to them.

They aren't a cheap product. They are well made American products. What I like about them is that you can't buy their products through large retailers that always mark up the prices. They emphasize on the "mom and pop" shops in America and abroad thus keeping the prices reasonable.

I'm sorry for your bad experience Clyde.

Btw, jeepz rock!

They aren't a cheap product. They are well made American products. What I like about them is that you can't buy their products through large retailers that always mark up the prices. They emphasize on the "mom and pop" shops in America and abroad thus keeping the prices reasonable. [/QUOTE said:
I heard they were made in china. The springs, shocks and leafs were made by another company with a rough country name on it. What I heard though, I'm sure with almost everything these days there is some truth there.

In fact RC has their own machine shop where their production happens, the bushings are outsourced from Daystar, made down the road, the rest of the catalog with the possible exception of coils are all made in their production facility on site in Dyersburg Tn.

shut up, are you serious? they make all their own stuff in house. thats pretty badass

Its my friends skyjacker springs that have made in india on them.
Well, I called RC today and ask if they had recieved my pictures and the customer service rep said he has not. Then told me that if I sent the pics on Saturday he wasnt in the office and someone else checks his email and I would need to resend them so I guess I would have never heard from them.
Anyway While on the phone I ask if their springs were made in the USA and he said no. Canada and India is where the two suppliers are.

whooaaaa, i am not sure about those indian made springs. i hope their qc is better then china of thats why everyone goes flat in a year or two. since my jeep is made in canada, i can say nothing bad about them, its been a good jeep

Back