Surpentine belt change

Megan G

I have a 99 GC Laredo and I need to replace the surpentine belt but the pully doesn't have a nut to adjust to remove and replace the belt, does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

There should be a tensioner pulley with a square hole in it. You can just use a socket wrench without a socket, and pull it either left or right to take off the belt.

Worked perfect didn't even have to use a tool we were able to do it all with our hands. Thanks for the help!

Worked perfect didn't even have to use a tool we were able to do it all with our hands.
Haven't replaced one on a 99 but the idler on the ones I have done, really can't be done by hand unless you are really really strong. That's the one that keeps the tension on the belt to keep it from falling/being thrown off.
You may have one that is on the way out because the spring is so weak. Keep an eye on it. Good luck.

Megan G said:
Worked perfect didn't even have to use a tool we were able to do it all with our hands. Thanks for the help!

You are very welcome, but I do agree with the above mentioned statement. It shouldn't be able to be done by hand, unless you have super powers, in which case, im glad to have you on my side in a dark alley.

Back