Sway bar issue

kingmega

i have just order some quick disconnect end links for the the sway bar on 96 xj i have a 4.5" lift it has never had a sway bar so i installed a stock one but the ends of the bar are touching the coils i've checked and i have it on the right way almost seems like the bar is to long not sure what to do next i just ordered the links and think i might have to cancel the order has anyone run in to this problem before

Are the coils straight or are they bowed forward in the middle? You may need to adjust the suspension in order to get the coils straight.

I've seen the problem on a few Jeeps but it's generally not the case that the swaybar ends are too long.

they don't look bowed look straight got the bar from junk yard interchange said 94 and newer xj could maybe be bowed just enough to were a can't tell

Mine were super close. Had to run longer links than recommended. It pushed the up and away from the coils.

i guess i'll just have to wait for the links to get here and go from there i got them adjustable up to 6" so i'm sure i'll figure out something i have always just run with out a sway bar i do drive it on road alot to and am just getting tried of the loose feeling on the road

Had to adjust control arms axle was pushed back just enough to make coils bow forward hard to tell at first but good to go now

Back