Tell me about this rear end

signgrafix

just bought it a yard sale. I am wondering if the internal unit will work in my 78 AMC 20 rear end. It is suppose to be some type of a locker unit.

Attachments

• DIGI0366.JPG
    DIGI0366.JPG
    825.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DIGI0367.JPG
    DIGI0367.JPG
    662.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DIGI0365.JPG
    DIGI0365.JPG
    700.5 KB · Views: 134

That looks like one of those lunch time lockers: Lock right etc.
Is the Diff cover round? AMC used model 20's so did Jeep. What gears?

It is a 'lunch box' locker similar to the Lockright, Aussie, EZlocker, etc. Post a pic of the rear diff cover.

Do you know what vehicle the axle came out of? If it's a D20, should work inside your stock carrier as long as it's an open carrier and not a limited slip.

Here is a pic of the rear end cover. The gears were SUPPOSE to be 4.11 not, added it up they come out to a 3.54 Oh well, and nope, do not know what it came out of. All he said was a jeep.

Attachments

• DIGI0368.JPG
    DIGI0368.JPG
    660.4 KB · Views: 112
May I ask how much? That lunch box probably cost at least $250 new.

What Kriss said. As sure as Elton John is gay, so is that piece a wonderful AMC20.

You can pull that locker out of that M20 and just install it in your Jeep's axle.. doesn't matter what gear ratio you have as the locker just replaces the spider/side gears inside the ring gear carrier.

No. I was just curious. If you bought it for less than $100, I would be considerably jealous. I already welded my diff. Shows you how cheap I am...

Yep. less than a $100.00 I don't think this is the way I am going to go on it. Been reading up on the "lunchbox" lockers. I think I'll sell it on e-bay and put that money into an air locker.

why, run it. I've run lunch box lockers on daliy driven vehicles for years with out issue. Let me know if your getting rid of it.

Okay!! you got my attention.. You gonna sell it?, how much?

Back