The new JK's?

HiHood

I prolly gonna be buying a brand spanking new vehicle in 6 mos. to a yr. I had a YJ built in Canada, aye, and my question for those in the know is:

Are the new JK's built in Toledo, Ohio just like their great-grandpappy Willys was? :???:

Toledo for now is my understanding but since the President gave Jeep away to Fiat it probably would be best to get one now before parts start singing Italian. Remember when Jeep got teamed up with the French? It wasn’t good.

I might be wrong but I thought Toledo was closed with the end of the TJ. It was an historic plant dating way back, shame. - John

I just read on the net that the Wrangler, Wrangler Unlimited 4dr and the military Jeeps are built in the Northern Park in Toledo. The Dodge Nitro and one other station wagon Jeep vehicle are built there as well. The old Willys factory is no longer being used.

Oh, and I think Fiat won't be too bad for Jeep... sounds like they're ready to start kickin' ass and takin' names with Jeep and Ram, even if Chrysler bombs.

Well, try working on the French fuel injection system, unless you are a wizard they can be tough, and then there was the Peugeot transmissions, another French marvel……..

Daimler did build a new plant for the KJ but I think it is in the Toledo area. I agree with John, it was a shame to retire the old factory but then again when Chrysler got a hold of Jeep they took thousands of dollars worth of vintage OEM parts and dumped them in the landfill just to get the a tax credit. That was a crime too.

Early Wrangles from the Canadian market were called TJs, not Wranglers as GM still had the rights in Canada to the Wrangler name; one way to tell if you live along the boarder where a Wrangler may have begun its life.

Mine was a YJ Wrangler and the VIN started with "2" which indicates Canada, aye. And HAIL NO, real Jeeps don't have doors (let alone have 4):twisted:

I'm trying to explain that to my girlfriend, but she still hates driving with the doors off. looking for a good deal on a set of cloth half doors, since I'll probably never find any that match my paint.

I've looked at those too, I'm mostly just trying to pick up a used set on craigslist. I'm a real cheapskate :D

I'm trying to explain that to my girlfriend, but she still hates driving with the doors off. looking for a good deal on a set of cloth half doors, since I'll probably never find any that match my paint.

My solution would be to take the doors off, leave the wife at home. or put a door on for her and take yours off, she will no doubt complain that it looks silly (cause women do this) then take her door off and tell her to deal.

whats a door? do Jeeps have this guady thing. I remember a few years back a show in TV, Fantasy Island. Tatoo had station wagons that had no doors either. 4 dr jeeps. they look like a crack dealers special. Sorry, but how could someone from my beloved desert even consider this.

I absolutely hate the minivan motors that they are putting in those things.

And the gas mileage still blows! :evil:
Surprise?
On the MPG thing I don't know why this is but my Cherokees get 20-22 on the road and ~15-16 in town while my Wrangler (also a 4.0) gets 14 no matter what. seems I got 21 once, out of that one; 10 years ago when I 1st bought it. all highway, to Michigan and back.

and whoever thought the power out of a minivan V-6 would come close to what a STRAIGHT-6 can put out, is crazy! Thankfully there are still plenty of 4.0s on the roads and the trails, to go around for years to come.

Where does the line start to punch the designer of the 4 door JK?
Didnt want to say this but did they code the 07+ Wrangler as a JK, meaning JunK? It looks too much like Jeep's take on a gaudy Hummer!

Back