think buying used - could use QUICK advice

daddyo2

Hi, I need reliable preferably awd vehicle - single dad and fair number of miles/yr. Heard good things about cherokee and I do not have lots of money to throw around on purchase or repairs. Ran across this (edited for brevity) ad and looking soon. Does this sound TGTBT? What should I pay special attention to? I am NOT mechanically inclined....

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 106,000 miles, second owner. Full time All Wheel Drive and 8 cylinder engine. Mechanicals in excellent condition and would not hesitate to drive anywhere in the US. factory alarm, full power seats, low range transfer case, new tires, power locks, power windows, fog lights, new battery, and a BRAND NEW starter and solenoid. Very presentable with only minor dings and scratches, but no major or large dents. Original paint is still shiny. No engine noises, leaks or vibrations and the auto transmission shifts smoothly. Fair interior - leather is showing age on the drivers seat but looks good everywhere else. A jetski battery tipped over in the trunk area and made a stain/burn on the carpet which can be covered by a trunkmat. The heat and a/c both work great but the blower makes a faint noise sometimes due to a leaf getting sucked in (super easy to fix). ABS light is on but brakes are recent and ABS works well. No check engine light. Truck also has a nice aftermarket CD player. This would make a great winter car or daily driver! Starts right up every time and has served me well......the only reason I am selling is because I bought a brand new car. Book value on this car in good condition is $3060.00!!!!!!!!!!! Im asking $1850.00 .....

theres somthing he's hiding if he's asking 1850. for a 93 grand cher prob more head ahks than its worth

If he's serious about making the sale and not trying to pull anything over on you, you might be able to have him either take it or go with you to take it to a good shop with an ASE certified staff (or a Jeep dealership better yet) and pay the few bucks for a complete inspection and diagnostics to be run. Especially if your unsure of what you are getting into. I only mention this because I've done it in the past. I actually have a rig for sale that I had it done on and saved the paperwork for anyone that may want to see it before purchasing the truck. If its in as good of shape as he says, its a heckuva buy, but sometimes things are TGTBT... Good luck!

Back