THIS MAKES ME MADDER THAN--------!!!!!!!!!!

Back in the early 70´s, I was getting some treatment at the VA (good people) had a big old Olds 98, that I could drive with a cast up to my butt. Hollered into the admissions area, anybody want a ride to the Valley. Ended up with a one armed Marine, a one legged grunt, another Army dude with a paralized left arm, a really big guy, Navy with a deformed shoulder and an emaciated junky (think he was Air Force, well he was flying anyway)
I broke a case of Bud out of the cooler in the trunk (pain killer, purley medicinal) and we went for a drive down Ventura Blvd. There was a bunch of protesters (about twenty), in front of the Bank of America, seemed we all had the same idea at the same time, we pelted them with a bunch of empties. Somebody yelled turn around, when I did and we got close, all the doors popped open and a bunch of cripples proceded to beat the tar out of these misguided Americans. That day, I was really proud and deeply saddened to be an American. One thing that did stand out was, a unit was formed, with the troops at hand (from four different services), the mission was accomplished, with the tools available, with a minimum of orders or discussion. We were all thinking the same thoughts and working as a team.[addsig]

I am glad we are all on the same page here I am glad to live in this country and served for this country and I wouldn't have it any other way ....disrespect the government , thats understandable the flag and the country and what it stands for thats unforgiveable.................. :-x :-( :-x [addsig]

Dang Mudderchuck I would be proud to serve with you. Your forever becomeing more my hero! If we ever do get together we are going to jail I fear. One other point you mentioned "VA Good People" I do agree. Both me and my wife are regulars over at the Mt. Home VA medical center. She has a service conection and some crazy desert storm issues that dont exist. They treat us well. tug[addsig]

Back