THIS MAKES ME MADDER THAN--------!!!!!!!!!!

Put her Azz on the next plane back to the old country. Not everyone believes in the same things that is why we are individuals, but if you don't believe in your own country or flag then S*REW![addsig]

everyone should have the right to voice their own opinions...in this case it is simple a suttle motion protesting the war on iraq....if you have been keeping up with your current news...most of the world is protesting this war...i am from Canada so i do not have a sacred sence of patriotism......it is a consitutional right to express ones own opinion via either protest and/or freedomof speech.

please do not take this message the wrong way as i couldnt care less whether america goes to war with iraq. :-D :-D [addsig]

I DAN'T TAKE OFFENSE TO YOUR OPION AT ALL BUT I HAVE BEEN TO TWO ARMED CONFLICTS WHILE I WAS IN THE MILITARY ......

IT IS THE SOLDIER, NOT THE REPORTER,
WHO HAS GIVEN US THE FREEDOM OF PRESS,
IT IS THE SOLDIER, NOT THE POET,
WHO HAS GIVEN US THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH,
IT IS THE SOLDIER, NOT THE CAMPUS ORGANIZER,
WHO HAS GIVEN US THE FREEDOM TO DEMONSTRATE,
IT IS THE SOLDIER,
WHO SALUTES THE FLAG,
WHO SERVES BENEATH THE FLAG,
WHO ALLOWS THE PROTESTOR TO BURN THE FLAG,
AND WHOS COFFIN IS DRAPED BY THE FLAG.

:-O :-O :-O [addsig]

People like her who feel like they are making a huge stand are only out for attention. Daddys little girl is just confused. Maybe she should talk to the families of the 5000 kurds that Saddam unleased the chemical weapons on and then lets see which way she is facing. If I was at that game she would be facing face down inthe dirt.

edited by: judge09, Feb 25, 2003 - 02:09 PM[addsig]

I love the comments that she's "courageous". Umm courage is something you have in the face of adversity or a life or death struggle. Protesting something in the U.S. is NOT courageous! If anything she should be facing the flag even more. It's what the flag symbolizes, that gives her the right to protest. She would be shot, if she did that in Iraq. What's funny, is that all these people defend Saddam and Saddam couldn't give a rats @$$ about them. And all these war protestors that say, "I'll gladly go to jail for what I believe in." Well, going to jail in America isn't bad. You get arrested for protesting, here, and you're locked up for a handfull of hours. Plus if you have to wait to see the judge, you know you're going to get 3 hots and a cot. You try to protest in N. Korea or Iraq and you get 3 shots and rot. How come, these people call Bush a baby killer? When it's PROVEN that Saddam has killed babies. He has a professional rapist on his payroll! :-x Granted we're all allowed freedom of speech, but use some wisdom.

Now we have these Americans going to Iraq to act as human shields. They're going to "protect" the hospitals that they believe that we will attack. I guess they forget that we don't attack hospitals and old folks home. Well, Saddam hasn't. He asked these American human shields to stand around his scud missile launchers and anti aircraft batteries. Well, now these people are having second thoughts. Hmm, maybe they're starting to see that Saddam doesn't care about anyone but himself.[addsig]

I am so sick of these damn hippies!!!!!! :-x :-x :-x Why can't they just have faith in their government jeez. Did anyone hear about the protestors from UNC i think that are going to Iraq If theres a war and will act like human shields for targets. Now that ticks me off. If they're gonna do that than drop the bomb on em who cares.

edited by: Jeepster05, Feb 25, 2003 - 03:17 PM[addsig]

If she wants to protest the US going to war, ok thats her opinion. If she wants to protest the other things the government does, ok thats her opinion. I dont like a lot of things the government does either. But she should find a different way to do it. She should protest the ACTIONS of the GOVERNMENT..... NOT protest the country (which is how i see it when she disrespects the flag). That flag represents the very right that she says shes excercising. That flag represents all the lives lost just so she could protest what the government is doing. She has every right to protest, but as far as im concerned, she has no right to disrespect that flag as long as she calls herself a citizen of this great country. And if she no longer wants to be a citizen..... the get the hell out of here[addsig]

They all need to educate theirselves and go the he** up. :-x :evil: :-x [addsig]

I'm in agreeance with you guys. I don't find her any better than those protesters that burn the flag, or hoist it upside down. She does have the freedom to express her opinions, but what she's doing, unwittingly, is disrespecting the base foundation of our country.

By her turning away from the flag, she's turning away the very freedoms she's practicing and claiming to be exercising. What she's doing is bold, I will say that... but it's not the appropriate display of action that she should take. Continuing to defy the flag she's simply disrespecting all Americans in their own right.[addsig]

Green97TJ...I like how you interperted it. She wasnt protesting the govts actions she was showing disrespect to the country and everyone who fought, works, and lives in this country. The sad thing is she isnt even out of college. Most likely she hasnt had to do anything for herself yet. Start working and contributing and you start to have an appreciation for how great we live over here. [addsig]

It is good to know where the JEEP community stands, and I am not out there alone. :-D :-D [addsig]

or hoist it upside down
All this is, is an SOS signal. I saw a guy do this at a protest so I ran over to him and asked if he was ok. He asked why and what the big deal is. I told him that the flag flown upside down means S.O.S. and that I thought he was in serious trouble. He told me he did it in protest. I said, "Go ahead and protest, that's what my uncle's fought in WWII for. But this shows that you don't know anything. And probably don't know why you're protesting."[addsig]

well just shows you where some families values stand and thats a shame maybe if they picked up a book or payed a little bit of attention to detail they might have a clue.............let those people from UNC go and be bhuman sheilds it will be a short and painless death................... :-x :-x :-x [addsig]

Who does this girl think she is. Obviously she hasn't had anyone close to her serve in the military or anything, otherwise she would look at it in a totally different way. I think someone needs to show her some current event articles or something. A couple of years ago there was a nba player who refused to stand and salute the flag at the beginning of games, and that was a huge deal with everyone. Well he wasn't even from here. This girl is from the US, and she doesn't recognize the flag that so many people, and I am sure many of her ancestors, have given there lives for.

Jeremiah[addsig]

She is lucky to live in a country where she can get by with this sort of disrespect. It is a simple display of what makes our country so great. She can take a stand and say and do what she feels is right. We can show our distaste for her doing it and no one really gets hurt. She is wrong here in my eyes, but we would be no better if we were to stop her. I am not standing for her, I wish she would come to her right mind on this protest. Freedom is a scary and wonderful thing! We fight for it even for her. tug

[addsig]

Green97TJ...I like how you interperted it. She wasnt protesting the govts actions she was showing disrespect to the country and everyone who fought, works, and lives in this country. The sad thing is she isnt even out of college. Most likely she hasnt had to do anything for herself yet. Start working and contributing and you start to have an appreciation for how great we live over here.

Thanks.... to tell you the truth though, im not even in college yet (still high school) so i havent had to do much for myself either. But my parents have always told me to respect this country and those who fought for it. Im damn proud live in this country and nothing makes me madder then people who live here, but dont respect it. I think they all need a little reality check. send them over to one of these countries for a while and see if she still protests the US. Let her live with a hood over her head and not being allowed to speak and all that.

Anyway, maybe i just have a little more respect thanks to my parents and 12 years or so in the Boy Scouts, but no matter what the cause, i love this country. I jus thank God that people are willing and have been willing to pay the ultimate price so i could live freely.

GOD BLESS THE USA!![addsig]

Have you noticed that no one in Iraq protests when we're attacked? I guess we need to see those pictures again, to remind some of us what had happened. My friend barely escaped the towers, and he lost several friends in that attack.

I like this new country song called "Have you forgotten?" Have any of you heard it?

Now there are people making a big stink over the capture of this terrorist dude. They're worried that he's not being treated fairly (like the people in the WTC, the Pentagon and the planes). They say that his civil rights are being violated. Ummm he does not have the rights that American's have. Because he's not an American. In fact he hates America. I bet he's begging for American civil rights, right now. I bet they're keeping him in a room on about the 3rd or 4th floor and that he accidently falls down the stairs several times.[addsig]

Back