Three new Jeeps in 2006 - 4 door Wrangler?

southtj

According to this article a new 4 door Wrangler is on the way.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0408/20/d01-248299.htm

In the next two years, Jeep plans to introduce a seven-seat luxury SUV known as the Commander that will share an underbody with the Jeep Grand Cherokee; a four-door version of the classic Wrangler open-top; and an entry-level SUV based on the Compass concept unveiled at the Detroit auto show in 2002.

“Next year, we’ll start the expansion to the lineup,” said Dieter Zetsche, CEO of the Chrysler Group, which includes the Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge brands.

And check out the pick of the Commander.

I hope they try upgrading the motor for better mileage. Maybe a diesel version. That would give the torque curve and the mileage

if that's the pic of it on the link... it shares NOTHING with the wrangler other than it is classified as a vehicle

Depends on what you consider "moving ahead"

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the head of the company that manufactures a vehicle that has been an American icon since the 40s is named DIETER ZETSCHE?

Fortunately the 4 door wrangler is not the commander. The commander is a whole new vehicle. Looks like the Porsche Cayenne to me:
image-missing.png

I like it, but it ain't a wrangler at all. I'd buy that if it were cheap enough. But we all know that ain't happening.

Back