Trailer

highheelsonwheels

Hi guys! Was wondering if you could give me some ideas.. already posted from another forum but didn't get much response. :( anyway... I'm planning to get my JK a trailer.. There's the standard bantam trailer.. then i heard I could get mine customized (different size, length i presume), but then it would be pretty expensive unless everyone wants the same thing.. anyway, just want to know your thoughts. if you'd get a trailer for your cj, which do you prefer?

if it's okay, can u also let me know what would you use the trailer for? a friend of mine was thinking of using it to transport his jet ski for the summer so he prefers customized trailer.. my idea is somewhat like a "pick-up truck" metamorphosis..lol. I can take the "extra piece" of the vehicle whenever i want unlike the pick-up truck which is forever stuck with each other..

I'd get one made for offroad, same size tires as my jeep, and with the rear half of a Wrangler body as the body of the trailer. Then throw on a hard cover and a tent topper.

I'd get one made for offroad, same size tires as my jeep, and with the rear half of a Wrangler body as the body of the trailer. Then throw on a hard cover and a tent topper.

Nice thought.. But then I'm just thinking, if I use the rear end of my Rubicon, with its top and all... wouldn't that limit the space? Or is it better if I leave the top off? But then again it wouldn't be the "rear" look if i do that.. haha. sorry.. what's the most common type do people usually get?

i just have a little 5x7 or 5x8 trailer i haul behind my yj for when i have to go to the hardware store or carry the mower. i have a cj7 tub a buddy and i have been talking about making into a trailer but i probably won't do it because it still doesn't have the space my little trailer has.

I pull a little 4X8 landscaping trailer behind my 4banger TJ. It has the same footprint as the Jeep which makes it easy to drive on our serpentine roads. It doesnt look real cool but between the trailer, my roof rack, and the tub, I can outhaul most pickups. Ive hauled everything you can think of on that thing............$500 when new......one of my best investments.

Here is one that I painted to match the ride. It's a 5X8, has the same bolt pattern as the YJ 5X4.5, currently has a tonneau cover on it, but this spring I am adapting it to a hard cover to mount an outback tent on it.

Attachments

• GEDC0277.JPG
    GEDC0277.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 179
  • GEDC0273.JPG
    GEDC0273.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 173
Back